• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ceiling speakers which amp

ravimistry

Standard Member
Have fitted ceiling speakers in 2 rooms bathroom and bedroom. I have run speaker wires to a point in the bedroom.
Looking for ideas on what to run them with. Want something that i can connect via Bluetooth and something that will allow me to control what room the music will be played in.

Not looking at something too expensive. Have seen mini Bluetooth amplifier but not sure if it will be good. What do you guys suggest?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Is each room stereo so 4 speakers in total?

In theory a stereo amp with A+B speaker switching could be used. The A+B options connect the speakers in parallel which means 2 8ohm speakers would be a 4 ohm load on the amp. You'd need to check the specs of your speakers though as lower impedance speakers will cause issues.

You say you want Bluetooth but personally I'd avoid using Bluetooth, it's normally easy at this point to recommend a Chromecast Audio as a better option, I still will in fact but they've been sadly discontinued by Google, although it should still be possible to get.

Funnily enough I've relatively recently done a similar project with ceiling speakers in my bathroom and bedroom. Unused a spare AV amp I had and initially used the front main and reassigned rear channels for the zone B. However I've since changed it and simply use the 7.1 multi channel inputs with 1 CCA connected to L&R and a 2nd connected to the rear surround channels. This has given me the ability to have independent zones and also use the grouping of the Chromecast to play the same music in both zones without needing to switch anything on the amp.

ravimistry

Standard Member
Is each room stereo so 4 speakers in total?

In theory a stereo amp with A+B speaker switching could be used. The A+B options connect the speakers in parallel which means 2 8ohm speakers would be a 4 ohm load on the amp. You'd need to check the specs of your speakers though as lower impedance speakers will cause issues.

You say you want Bluetooth but personally I'd avoid using Bluetooth, it's normally easy at this point to recommend a Chromecast Audio as a better option, I still will in fact but they've been sadly discontinued by Google, although it should still be possible to get.

Funnily enough I've relatively recently done a similar project with ceiling speakers in my bathroom and bedroom. Unused a spare AV amp I had and initially used the front main and reassigned rear channels for the zone B. However I've since changed it and simply use the 7.1 multi channel inputs with 1 CCA connected to L&R and a 2nd connected to the rear surround channels. This has given me the ability to have independent zones and also use the grouping of the Chromecast to play the same music in both zones without needing to switch anything on the amp.

Yep each room is stereo so 2 speakers in each room. I will look into chromecast audio, so ideally any amp will do?

Are these any good to use?
Nobsound NS-10G Pro Mini Bluetooth Hi-Fi DSP Digital Power Amplifier Stereo Amps 1096879918477 | eBay

Jamie

Distinguished Member
No idea, functionally they should do. I'd be wary of connecting your speakers in parallel to one amp so you'd want two of them I'd suggest.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom