• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Ceiling speakers for sonos: amp

lky2k23

Looking at Bose 791's for my kitchen to be connected to a Sonos: Amp - Opinion?

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Bose are nice, but at £499 for (I think) a pair, they are a bit expensive.

Also, you want to look at the specification. Likely for casual kitchen listening, they are going to sound fine, and should have no trouble being driven by the SONOS Connect:AMP.

However, installing In-Ceiling speakers means tearing up your ceiling and walls to get the speakers and wire in place. If you are already remodeling, adding that cost and effort is not that big a deal. However, if you are not already remodeling, then that is extra effort, extra mess, and extra expense.

Someone else posts a similar thread recently, and they gave consideration to these SONOS speakers -

Sonos Wireless Music Systems - PLAY:3 with Bridge

Sonos Wireless Music Systems - PLAY:5 with Bridge

These are reasonably sized shelf mounted speakers with amps, streaming, and speaker all in one compact unit. With the addition of the "Bridge", the music can be streamed wirelessly, though the units still have the option for a direct wired connect to the Computer Network.

Sonos Bridge Wireless HiFi System - BRIDGE

If you scroll down a bit on these page links, you will find a video on each one of them describing the systems and how they are installed, and showing them in a normal home environment.

Here are the specs and a Video on the BRIDGE, which gives a nice overview of these systems. (£39)

Again, if you want the Connect:AMP and In-Ceilling speakers fine, just understand what it means to get the speakers and wiring into the ceiling and walls. If you are OK with the installation, then fine.

In the case of the other person I referred to, he decided to go with the PLAY:3 speaker in the Kitchen, then add a Sonos CONNECT to this main system in his lounge.

Here is a link to that other thread, if you are interested. -

kitchen in-ceiling (recessed) solution | AVForums

Again, there is nothing wrong with your original plan, as long as you understand what is entailed in the process. If you want links to a source of other In-wall/In-Ceiling speakers I can provide that. Also, others make the stand alone Amp/Streamer/Speaker systems, if you are interested. (Logitech, Cambridge Audio, and others). Though SONOS is a major player in the streaming market.

For what it is worth.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom