Question Ceiling Speakers for Kitchen (Budget £50 for pair)

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by bazza2000, May 1, 2016.

1. bazza2000

bazza2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I'm looking to install some ceiling speakers in my kitchen powered by:

LEPY LP 2024A+ Plus Amplifier

I only need them primarily for the radio, but would like to get a good recommendation at the £50 a pair budget please.

Thanks,

Barry

2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,025
    A few problems or at least considerations -

1.) Where is the Radio? The Lepai is an amp, just a basic amp. Where are you going to get the radio signal from? There are similar T-Amps that do have FM built in, though it might take me a while to track them down. I'm pretty sure Lepai makes and amp with FM.

2.) Given your low budget, you might want to take this into consideration. By Ceiling Speakers I assume you mean IN-Ceiling speakers, though On-Ceiling speakers are possible. If the speakers are in the Ceiling, then how do you get the WIRING from the Amp to the Speakers?

You might get lucky and the ceiling joists (beams) might work in your favor, but generally it mean tearing up your ceiling and walls to some currently unknown degree to get the wiring in.

Perhaps, you could just set the speakers on top of the cupboard or come up with some alternative. Many smaller speakers can be wall mounted. Given your low budget, I'm not sure In-Ceiling speakers are the way to go. As I described installing those speakers does involve a degree of expense and mess.

Steve/bluewizard

3. colloq

colloq
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I understand this is an older thread, but just wondering if you got sorted with this Barry? I've been looking at running a LEPY Amp or similar for a small kitchen ceiling speaker audio setup with a Chromecast Audio over buying into the whole Sonos Amp for the sake of the mrs being able to play a few songs