• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ceiling speakers for background music in a beauty salon? Any suggestions?

classixuk

Standard Member
Hi everyone,
We are opening a new hair and beauty salon. It's pretty big (3500 sq ft) and were wondering about installing ceiling speakers throughout?

We have the main salon area where the hairdressers work at 12 mirrors plus the reception. We'd like the music here to be standard pop chart music.

We then have the rear of the building with 3 massage rooms and 2 treatment rooms. We would like to play relaxing chill music in these areas.

We'd like to able to control the playlists from the front desk, hopefully using the main computer.

We don't need amazing stereo sound everywhere, just background music.

Any ideas on a simple cost effective system that would achieve this? Ideally I'd like to simply buy 10x of the same speaker, wire 5 of them up to the same sound source and the other 5 to the alternative sound source. Is this possible?

Thanks.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You really want even number of speakers on each source and either 2 or 4 speakers attached to a pair of speaker terminals. You need to look at the impedance of the speakers and what the amp can handle before knowing what can be achieved. With that many speakers you are going to need multiple amps which could make a centralized system complicated. It may be better to have a separate system in each room. What budget do you have? May be worth looking into 100v speaker system since these can have lots more speakers attached.

classixuk

Standard Member
Thanks for your reply.

I have now looked at 100v speaker systems and the theory sounds more inline with what we need - mono sound, daisy chained together etc.

Each treatment room for massage is about the size of your average bathroom so I assume 1 speaker in each would be sufficient? The 2 large treatment rooms are about the size of your average lounge, so perhaps 2 speakers in each? We also have a hair washing area with 5 sinks, so 2 speakers again? Maybe 2 speakers in the corridor connecting all rooms?

The main salon area has 12 mirrors all in a straight line (6 double sided mirrors down the middle of the floor, 6 people sit on each side) so say 2 speakers, or would you go for 3? There is also a waiting area and reception desk...say 1 speaker for each area?

Lets say that we play the relaxing music from a CD player and the main salon music from the salon PC on reception (so we can have playlists for each day and also intersperse our own adverts in those playlists)?

I have the CD player and the PC already. What else do I need to buy? Many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom