Question Ceiling Speakers fo Atmos and Music

chownsie79

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which in-ceiling speakers I should buy for both Dolby Atmos (lounge) and audio listening throughout the house.

I've a large extension going on the back of my house, so in there Richer Sounds recommended Dali E60, while another AV supplier has recommended Speakercraft CRS6 Zero. The speakercraft ones being cheaper at £65+ vat. I've seen a lot about Monitor Audio's as well, and KEF. I guess my question is, which are best and is it different for each application?

In addition, Richer Sounds recommended KEF T301 & 101's for the wall mounted speakers and a REL sub. I'm looking at possibly a projector, with 5.1.2 in the lounge. Possibly HEOS or Sonos for music in the rest of the house.

Open to suggestions and hopefully the above will give an idea on budgets,

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which in-ceiling speakers I should buy for both Dolby Atmos (lounge) and audio listening throughout the house.

I've a large extension going on the back of my house, so in there Richer Sounds recommended Dali E60, while another AV supplier has recommended Speakercraft CRS6 Zero. The speakercraft ones being cheaper at £65+ vat. I've seen a lot about Monitor Audio's as well, and KEF. I guess my question is, which are best and is it different for each application?

In addition, Richer Sounds recommended KEF T301 & 101's for the wall mounted speakers and a REL sub. I'm looking at possibly a projector, with 5.1.2 in the lounge. Possibly HEOS or Sonos for music in the rest of the house.

Open to suggestions and hopefully the above will give an idea on budgets,

Thanks.
Hello,

The Monitor Audio and Dali choices are the ones we would recommend. The Monitor Audio are great for home cinema and applications like Atmos. I actually prefer Dali for more critical listening but the Monitor audios still work for multi room. I wouldnt bother with Sonos personally, we used to sell Sonos and have stopped doing so as products like Heos and MusicCast from Yamaha are just better and more flexible, better spec'd and usually cheaper, and with Yamaha probably being the best in this regard currently in our view.

Hello,

The Monitor Audio and Dali choices are the ones we would recommend. The Monitor Audio are great for home cinema and applications like Atmos. I actually prefer Dali for more critical listening but the Monitor audios still work for multi room. I wouldnt bother with Sonos personally, we used to sell Sonos and have stopped doing so as products like Heos and MusicCast from Yamaha are just better and more flexible, better spec'd and usually cheaper, and with Yamaha probably being the best in this regard currently in our view.
Thanks, I have to say the Monitor Audios 180s sounded great and are cheaper than the smaller Dalis, which has me swaying toward them.

I'm looking for 5.1.2 for Atmos, with projector and screen, the multi room audio, I think 4 Monitors in my extension would be great.

Then two per bedroom and a stereo speaker in the bathrooms.

We've considered a HEOS drive as it gives us 4 zones but it's a big outlay initially when we are only likely to use two zones immediately. Does the MusicCast hook up to in-ceilings? What AVR would you recommend with it?

Thanks

Thanks, I have to say the Monitor Audios 180s sounded great and are cheaper than the smaller Dalis, which has me swaying toward them.

I'm looking for 5.1.2 for Atmos, with projector and screen, the multi room audio, I think 4 Monitors in my extension would be great.

Then two per bedroom and a stereo speaker in the bathrooms.

We've considered a HEOS drive as it gives us 4 zones but it's a big outlay initially when we are only likely to use two zones immediately. Does the MusicCast hook up to in-ceilings? What AVR would you recommend with it?

Thanks
If you built your system around Yamaha, you could go with the 3060 and we could look at a package deal for you that would undoubtedly save you money. You can run additional zones directly form the 3060 itself, and just add the WXA-50 streaming amplifier for any additional zones. Thats a much cheaper solution than the Heos drive. If you want Atmos, the 3060 will run your 5.1.2 system and a second zone directly from the AVR and the whole thing integrates on your home network using the music cast app. You can download the music cast app for free and try it out before you buy anything as well so you get a better idea of how it all works.

If there's anything you need to know or you just want an idea on pricing, give us a call and we can help you out.

Last edited:
Thanks, the Origins were out of our price range, we are likely to go for Dali's instead now.
FWIW, I think the Dali range is very good and I really like Dali products in general for their sound quality :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom