Ceiling speaker noise

tails007

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, we have a single Kef soaker in our kitchen which is immediately below my son's room which I am renovating so can get the floorboards up.

I want to reduce the amount of sound Which you can hear in his room from the speaker, and also looking at fire protection. So I guess some sort of hood.

Can anyone recommend one which would career fit both sound reduction and fire protection?

Thanks.

Not that much tbh. The real difference came with the underlay and carpet. Still good from a safety perspective I hope!

Not that much tbh. The real difference came with the underlay and carpet. Still good from a safety perspective I hope!
Thanks. Quite expensive for something a wooden box could also rectify. Just trying to weigh up the most acoustic solution

The best way to kill noise from ceiling speakers transferring into the room above is proper wood boxes complete with sound insulation inside. We did this in our last house and they did a great job.

The best way to kill noise from ceiling speakers transferring into the room above is proper wood boxes complete with sound insulation inside. We did this in our last house and they did a great job.

Sounbloc plasterboard or do you mean acoustic wool?

This

btpLyz.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom