Ceiling Speaker Advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by martin_d, Sep 3, 2007.

1. martin_d

martin_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Total novice at this sort of thing, so bear with me. I am in the process of getting a new room built on to my house, and thought it might be good to have ceilings speakers built in. I thought these could then be cabled to an outlet on the wall that I can then choose my input device depending on how the room will be used. Is this possible at all, and what advice could anyone give?

Thanks in advance

2. martin_d

martin_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone help? I've had the cables ran to each corner of the room, and coming back to a central point. Will a sub-woofer with a built in amp be adequate, and can anyone advise on a suitable system?

Thanks

3. darhart

darhart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There wasn't alot of info that I could find on ceiling speakers so I just looked at specs, prices and in the end took a gamble on some Yamaha NS-IW560C 's. If you have a look on the US Ebay site there are lots of ceiling speakers at very good prices. I ended up paying £170 for 2 pairs of these speakers delivered to the UK! (+ £44 Vat). They arrived today so not seen or heard them yet, but for the money i'd be very surprised if im dissapointed. Polk seem to be well regarded as do speakercraft.

4. martin_d

martin_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thansk, I'll have a look at that :smashin: