1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling or stand mounting Panny - help..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by museumsteve, Mar 11, 2002.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    Well convinced the missus to vacate our converted garage, so she can have the dining room back (which has been my movie room) and we started work this weekend on converting the garage. The builders are in on wednesday to put up a couple of walls and do the necessary fitting and I'm done.
    I've been playing with my panny this evening to sort out placement and this is what I have.
    From the back wall (well about 2ft in) I'm getting exactly 8ft x 4ft (handy size for my MDF screen) but I would like to have a smaller picture (with the option to increase using zoom), but to do this I obviously have to move the projector further into the room. I can use a stand but don;t feel too comfortable with that or I can ceiling mount, but if I ceiling mount I assume I would have to keystone correct to get a straight picture. If this is the case will I lose picture quality.?
    Anyone else run into this problem..?

The room is coming on nicely and I've been taking piccies from the start so I can do a feature when it's done.

The projector placement is the only stumbling block I know I'm gonna hit and as the builders are in Wednesday for 2 or 3 days I want to have made a decision by then..

Thanks in advance..oh and the Icestorm screen is stunning, watched some dark scenes tonight on a test screen and things like Titanic (the sinking scene) and Armageddon were fantastic..wouldn;t have known about if it wasn't for you guys - thanks.:)

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    when level, the panasonic projects an image that is 10cm above the line of the lense. So if the lense is 100cm above the ground (with no keystone adjust), the bottom of the projected image with be 110cm from the ground.

If you ceiling mount, the projector is upside-down. So the bottom becomes the top. So if the lense is 50cm from the ceiling, the top of the projected image (with no keystone adjustment) will be 60cm from the ceiling.

3. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    You could always push the boat out & attempt to reproduce my advanced patented projection mounting system :D

Sorry, that doesn't help at all, does it? :blush:

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Mark

:eek: you have the Panny and the Fl-d filter, what no review with this filter, or did I miss it, please please give us a review with this filter, I have been tempted, but held back for now, does it cut to much light out. And how good does it fit the panny?

cheers

5. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    I don't want to hijack this thread, so I've started another one all about the Hoya FL-D.

6. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    thanks Richard..I'll have to ponder on this one..perhaps even build a ceiling mount with runner so I can adjust the distance..:)

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you staying with the panny now, though you were considering the sony?. I have plumped for the panny now, i dont think the price of the sony is justifiable
    Best regards
    LittleT2

8. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    well not necessarily through choice T2, but I'm sticking weith the panny for now.
    I'm half way through my new room (which could be finished Sunday night) and have to ceiling mount so I've made a suitable bracket using an Index VCR upside down bracket. Not bad for £9.75 and £4 on a couple of bits from B & Q.

9. DRC

DRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    museumsteve

Any chance of a photo of your bracket , it sounds like a solution I could use