1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling Mounting Domino 20

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lobo, May 12, 2004.

1. Lobo

Lobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am looking to purchase a Domino 20. I have heard that the projector ideally has to go roughly in line with the centre of the screen. This would cause me a problem as I am looking to mount on the ceiling infront of the window. I take it this is not possible without using the key stone correction?

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The 20 has +/- 10 degrees of optical lens shift so you should not have to use any digital keystone correction.
    The Sim2 ceiling bracket has several extensions so you can have the projector anywhere between close coupled to the ceiling and 1.25m from the ceiling.

3. rozel

rozel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Absolutely - just read this thread. I had this dilema before purchasing my Sim2 Domino 20. I easily mounted the pj on the lintel over my window - the braket assembly juts out enough so that when the pj is mounted on the assembly the top of the pj is appx 8" from the ceiling. Mine is appx 1' as I have a corniche of appx 4" to contend with. The result is, the pj is central to the screen and as there is a vertical lens shift built in to the pj, no keystone was found necessary. The cutains close directly behind the pj and I was able to adjust the curtain pelmet so that looking at the pj from a distance, you can't tell the pelmet has been lifted slightly to allow the cables entry to the pj.

Our aim at the outset was to integrate the pj and our screen in the lounge so as not to detract from the lounge's overall appearance. The white Domino 20 is beautiful and mounted it after installing the bracket and assembly and painting it all white to "blend in".

If you would like an image, Lobo, just ask and I would be happy to post one or two.

Good luck

Paul

4. Lobo

Lobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Rozel, an image would be much appreciated.

My only concern is how much I would have to drop the projector from the ceiling. Having it directly against the ceiling it would be out the way and a bit more inconspicuous.

The projector will be about 5 1/2 metres from the screen so Im not sure how much I would have to drop it to get a picture at a decent height. Will have to do some calculations before deciding whether I could setup my room in a different way or have to go for a different projector.