1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling mounting, ceiling light a problem?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mkjustuk, May 14, 2002.

1. mkjustuk

mkjustuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi all,

I am seriously considering purchasing a AE100, but my lounge is too big for it (due to the short throw lens). So, I will be looking to ceiling mount it and a screen to shorten the distances (only want a 6ft wide picture really).

The following are still potential issues though;

1. There is a ceiling light about 1.5-2ft in front of where I will mount the projector, coming about 4-5 inches down from the ceiling. Will this cause an obstruction if I use the bracket from Index (ie will it have a sufficient drop)?

2. I am not too keen on drilling up through the ceiling and then back down the wall on the other side to hide the cables, but don't want them to look ugly. The roof is white and the wall magnolia. Anyone managed to hide their cables using paint/conduit etc with success?

3. I am considering a cheapy screen (pull down) from direkt2u - is there anything I should look out for with these (other than that the actual picture won't be as good as something costing more).

Also am I right in thinking that the pj should be high compared to the screen? In other words if the pj is only 1-1.5ft down from the ceiling is that ok on to a ceiling mounted screen?

Thanks for any help.

Just (the pj newbie).