Ceiling mounting a Sanyo Z1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dfield2000, Mar 27, 2006.

1. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I currently have a Sanyo Z1 which sits on a small stand on the coffee table so I'm thinking of ceiling mounting it. Before I attempt this I was wondering if anyone else out there had done this and if so could they share their experience with me in case there are any potential problems I'm not aware of yet.

Specifically :

1. Have you mounted your Z1 upside down, as I'm sure I can remember seeing something in the manual about only running it the right way up. If you're not supposed to mount it upside down then I suppose you have to use a mount which enables the PJ to sit on a platform the right way up - but how would you then get access to the buttons on the top of the PJ (ie power up button) ?

2. I currently have a good quality component cable which was custom made on a forum power buy. I'd have to get a much longer cable if I ceiling mount, so how much would the picture quality suffer from using a longer cable ? It would be too expensive to get another customer made for the new length, so I'd also have to downgrade in cable quality.

3. Power cord - does anyone know where I can get hold of a mega long power cable ?

4. Can anyone recommend somewhere online to get the ceiling mount from ?

Any constructive comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave.

2. Gee

Gee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Dave,

There is no problem with mounting the Z1 upside down, I've had my Sanyo Z1 on the ceiling for over 12 months with no probs. You will need the BT880-CC and BT880-UN2. Think it cost me about £40ish for the lot. Have a look on www.cpc.co.uk or even try ebay as I've seen B-tech stuff on there going cheap.

Not sure about the power cable or component cable but you could try CPC for those as well.

Regards,

Matt.

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I'm thinking of doing this as well, but it would be with a DIY mount. What bolts do I need to go into the bottom of the projector?

By the way dfield there is an option in the menu to flip the image upside down (ceiling mode) :)