Ceiling mounting a LP400 projector

M

mattrixdesign

First post, so please be nice :)

I have an Infocus LP400 Projector, its not in use, just stuffed in a cupboard. I would like to set it up in a permanent position, I think ceiling is best as its out of the way and keeps its noisy fan as far away as possible.

Can anyone recommend any ceiling mounts that are cheap, what choices are there, are they specific to brand or can they be generic?

Secondly can anyone recommend a cheap screen, I don't want to spend more than £50! This needs to be ceiling mounted too.

Mattrixdeisgn,
Try lmp-pc.co.uk,the price of their std projector mount with single axis adjustment and fitting starts from £69 including post and packaging.

If you like DIY, there are two mounts based on flexible speaker brackets on my home page (£8 and £12 respectively). I'm using the MK2 version which is very sturdy, and allows the pj to be removed quickly and easily if required:

http://www.g-lightfoot.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ht1000.html?

Proper screens will cost a bit more than £50, but if you need a cheap pull-down, then a roller blind may work. Try the search engine to find what other blinds people have bought to see what works well, and where to get them.

Gary.

Thanks for the info guys!!!

I know its a cop out, but I have deiced to sell it. I looked at the living room that it would be in and decided that it would look untidy and cluttered.

From the sale I expect to but a decent wide screen TV.

Any ideas of the value of an LP400 with carry bag? Any one interested in buying one?

Originally posted by mattrixdesign
I know its a cop out, but I have deiced to sell it. I looked at the living room that it would be in and decided that it would look untidy and cluttered.

Same problem I had, so I bought a cheap screen that matched the colour closely to the walls, and made a very cheap wall mount that was discreetly hidden when not in use :) See my sig for details :)

My screen cost £38 from eBay, 1.75m x 1.75m brand new but classed as a slight second due to case damage (although i cant see any) but screen is perfect :D

Originally posted by MAD ANDY
Same problem I had, so I bought a cheap screen that matched the colour closely to the walls, and made a very cheap wall mount that was discreetly hidden when not in use :) See my sig for details :)

My screen cost £38 from eBay, 1.75m x 1.75m brand new but classed as a slight second due to case damage (although i cant see any) but screen is perfect :D

I looked at your set-up and it looks good, I could have gone for a similar setup. However, just had my wooden floor put in, and "hidden" all my cables, and orientation is diagonal across the room, i.e. TV and Centre speaker in the corner. I like the look and it sounds good. If I was to use the projector it would HAVE to be ceiling mounted, with a power cable and S-Video cable being run up the wall and across the ceiling. The screen would have to hand in a corner and would look odd.

So I have decided to sell and get a W/S TV, it no loss as the projector was given too me believe it or not. Its on Ebay now and at £150 on its 1st day!!! :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom