1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling Mounted Screens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rdg, Sep 22, 2001.

1. rdg

rdg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We will be moving into a mansion flat soon, with high (14-16'?) ceiling and fancy plasterwork. I would like to get a screen mounted on the ceiling, as all of the walls are complicated for various reasons. Is it possible to get a 16:9 screen with a huge drop, and blackened for the top part, otherwise we will need to be almost horizontal to see the top of a screen.<br />Do screens come like this or should I get a huge 4:3 screen?

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    You can get most "proper" screens specified with as much top black drop as you like. but talk to the screen manufactuers.

3. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    You can also get floor mounted screens!.<br />They are portable and you can hide them behind a sideboard etc.<br />Then when you want to watch a film, you just pull them up.<br />They have a "scissor action" type rear support structure, that locks and holds up the screen.<br />The wife uses one for giving presentations etc.<br />Just an idea!

4. rdg

rdg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much.

I did think about those floor ones, but thought it would be good to get an electric one if I could. Working out the size will be the next issue.

Do any of the screen companies send people out for a consultation or to suss out what would be best?

We're going to be in East Sussex.