ceiling mounted projector on high ceiling - is it possible?

tommyj

Novice Member
Hello all,

I bought a second hand Epson EB-W31 projector, here is the manual: EPSON EB-U32 USER MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib and here some basic information about the projector: https://www.epson.co.uk/products/projectors/mobile/eb-w31

I'd like to put it in my living room, which has a high ceiling of 3.3 meters. I'm attaching a layout of my living room.

Details of my space:

• 3.3 meters ceilings
  • from my calculation it looks like for a 1.5m width screen (80in) based on the sitting area which is about 3m from the screen.
  • from my calculation it seems that I'll need to put the projector at 2.15m from the screen (throw ratio: 1.30 - 1.56:1)

Now I'm not sure how it will work if I put a ceiling mount? would the projection be too high for people sitting on the sofa?

I've been struggling to find the solution if a ceiling mount can work here, I personally really like this to work as I have kids and I prefer the projector to be inaccessible and put on the ceiling. What do you think?

I'm a newbie, so I'm looking for AVF experts for their input and suggestions. Thanks!

Attachments

• projector.png
    projector.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom