1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling Mounted My Sanyo Z1.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nphnet, Dec 11, 2002.

1. nphnet

nphnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Last night I visited B&Q and purchased the Vector 300 TV wall mount. I reworked the cheap Panny AE100 solution posted on this forum and it has worked a treat, looks really professional.

Okay so heres what I went for.

I bought the black bracket to match the projector, and rather than positioning the bracket on the wall I placed it on the ceiling so the arm points down towards the floor. I reworked the mounting joint to allow it to point down, and attached it to the arm with cross 2 bolts, the plate the projector mounts onto just fits on as normal.

A couple of helpful points:

1) To mark out the 3 holes on the mounting plate that align with the projector use a sheet of A4 paper and a pen to poke the holes through the paper as a position marker, remember to offer up the projector to the mounting plate and ensure you have left enough room for the drop down flap, it should become clear when you work out where to position the projector on the plate.

2) I bought several packets of screws but found that 6mm machine screws fit perfectly and you want to ensure you buy the 25mm length screws or else you will be way too long, you will need a few chunchy washers to take up the few mm of slack.

I will post some pictures when I get a chance but boy for £15 it sure looks professional.

2. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sounds interesting, cant wait to see photos

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    Hi

When you say 'worked the mounting joint to point down', is this something simple, like putting it in in a different direction, or did you have to bend it or other nasty tweaks?

What level of DIY is involved - just drilling holes in the plate and fitting bolts?

4. nphnet

nphnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

No need for any nasty bending or forcing, it will slot in perfectly flush, allowing a lock bolt to pass through, subject to drill a hole the other side to allow it to pass through. To be on the safe side a drilled an opposing set of holes the other way as another safe guard. I will try and take pictures tonight..

Nick.

5. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Whers the pics you promised?:p