1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling Mount

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 64kym, Aug 24, 2002.

1. 64kym

64kym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All Im a bit nervous this is my first post ! I obtained my first projector today a Philips CSmart4433 and am rapped with the first results projecting onto a grey wall.
    Now I need to make a screen and a ceiling mount, both dont seem to much of a problem as Ive scanned through the forums and have picked up lots of good tips.
    My question is I am worried about how to attach a mounting plate to this PJ any ideas.
    Cheers
    Stuart:)

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Hi Stuart

There are usually four brass boss's in the base of the projector, they are normally 4mm thread, you can get this size bolt from B&Q.

3. 64kym

64kym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tim thanks for the info, Ive had a look at the base of the PJ and I can't see any screws apart from one at the rear holding on a rubber foot for the PJ to sit on.
    There are two extendable legs on the front of the PJ I would like to use those in conjunction with the bolt where the rubber pad is to secure to a mount .I a bit worried as to how I remove them .
    Stuart

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    They are not screws they are holes, they are basically a threaded boss, fitted from inside the projector, and are normally 4mm.
    If they are there you should see them.

Do a search for posts by Chris Frost, he works for Philips part of the projector department, he should be able to put you right.
    If he doen't know, no one will.
    Good luck

5. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    You need to look harder, I have just popped over to www.philips.co.uk and it says it is ceiling mountable, if you have adobe Acrobat loaded you can click here for the product leaflet, it does state it is ceiling mountable.

It should show you how to do it in the hand book.

6. 64kym

64kym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Tim, all sorted now.
    Screen made PJ mounted now all I need is an electrician and a few longer cables and Im in business, looking forward to sitting back and enjoying a few movies.
    Stuart