1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ceiling mount size questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Matinee, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matinee

Matinee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well.. after saying that a ceiling mount wasnt a possibility for a projector, I'm now starting to change my mind. Partly due to the much appreciated visit to tryingtimes' installation, and partly due to the seating arrangement and room layout.

So.. off to staple some cardboard to the ceiling again. My question is - how big is the ceiling mount?

Alex's mount looked miniscule, but from searching around the web it seems the mount may be up to 4" high in some cases.

I suspect Roland is probably the best person to answer this (I've sent you an e-mail anyway Roland), but thought it might be useful to pose as a general question. In my case I'm looking at the Barco 1208.

Room layout, if anyone needs to see it, is at http://www.bofh.ly/lounge.gif - I'm now thinking that sofa under the window and projector above it may be a good solution, but that will have to wait for cardboard stapling at a more sane time today.

PK

2. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a barco mount with the internal pully thing ( called a powered ceiling mount I think). These things are for moving Elephants not PJ. Must be the most overspec thing yet.

The size you mentioned is about right, put you could mount half over the top of the rafters. Should get you down to a couple of inches and the ability to lower it single handed. Not every man's goal in life !?!?!?!

Mine is in its box still as I used my old 600 mount. Ceiling clearence for me was very tight in the Garage.

Nathan

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Matinee
    Plan on it being about the same as the one you saw.

There are some pretty horendous mounts around and 4" is not unusaual at all.

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    nfordenfield
    I think you have a Barco CM 100 which were built to take all of the heavy projectors. Just the mount weighs 40Kg!! but what a bit of engineering not a magnetic piece of metal in it!

5. Matinee

Matinee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Roland. Off to go a stapling tonight!

PK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.