Ceiling mount for Sony VPL-VW790ES (UK)

neilalford

I am planning on upgrading my projector to a Sony VPL-VW790ES and I'm therefore looking to get a new ceiling mount for the projector, as I'm not certain on the load capacity of my current one and obviously don't want the projector crashing to the ground!

Richer Sounds seem to suggest the Peerless-AV PRGS-UNV which supports projectors up to 22Kg (I believe the 790 is 20Kg) and there is also a Peerless-AV PRG-UNV, which seems to have the same sort of spec, though I've seen some people suggest it's better, but not entirely sure what the difference is.

So are either of those good choices? Can anyone recommend any other suitable mounts? I don't believe I have any special requirements, just a standard UK ceiling with the screen mounted close to the top of wall.

alebonau

Distinguished Member
Richer Sounds seem to suggest the Peerless-AV PRGS-UNV which supports projectors up to 22Kg (I believe the 790 is 20Kg) and there is also a Peerless-AV PRG-UNV, which seems to have the same sort of spec, though I've seen some people suggest it's better, but not entirely sure what the difference is.
one is just cut down version of other ...likely perform the same, have no experience with the S cut down version but the non S will be a good mount in my experience...

if want something a bit more beefier there are other options in

Chief RPMAU

there is also the strong universal mount

and the crimson JR3

not sure which are available to you where you are, something will have to investigate....

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom