1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling Mount for HS10 - Sony or 3rd party?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ziglar, Jan 16, 2003.

1. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Got my HS10 yesterday. Set it up last night for a brief inspection - fantastic!

Only issue is that I had intended to just leave it on the coffee table but discovered that due to the throw length, the projector is about 11' from the projected image and is now in the position I had intended to sit. This leaves me sitting behind the pj at about 13-14'.

Therefore I now need to buy a ceiling mount.

Are there any equivalents to the Sony unit - if so does anyone have approx costs and any urls.

Thanks

2. rumnblack

rumnblack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used the Sony mount (PSS-610) and it works fine. Bit of a struggle to get hold of one but eventually used Griffin Audio (0121 212 0044) who ordered from Sony and got it to me within a few days. Other places were quoting weeks!

Cost was just over £200 inc vat and delivery. As this seemed not much more than a Unicol or similar I decided to use the official part!

3. Turl

Turl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ziglar,

I'm also looking for a ceiling mount for this PJ and from the threads I have read its seems like forum members prefer the Unicol unit for build quality and flexibility.

av-sales.com have them as do most other large PJ stockists.

Do a search on the forum for PSS-610 for more links.

In case you're not aware the PSS-610 is common to most of the larger SONY projectors including the VW12.

Let us know how you get on.

Turl