Ceiling mount for anamorphic lens?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mattkhan, Jun 5, 2018.

1. mattkhan

mattkhan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,338
    I will hopefully be taking delivery of an a lens soon (with a sled) which means I need to work out how to install it. Current PJ is mounted on a pole that goes through the ceiling to the joists above. One option is therefore to repeat that exercise for the lens however this seems somewhat invasive in that it may need to change if the pj changes.

I was thinking another alternative is a poker mounted shelf or cage that could also take the lens. Does such a thing exist?

Any other suggestions welcome

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,206
    Hi Matt,

I was going to dig out a pic of how I mounted my last lens onto the projector but can't access the PC to get it (it no longer powers/boots so needs investigating - may be the mobo or PSU).

If you want to use the sled it's often recommended to mount it separately so that when it moves from one side to the other, it doesn't rock the pj. If you're going to keep it fixed in place and scale 16:9 rather than move the ISCO, then you can just make up an MDF 'plate' that fixes to the pj (using the pj mount fixings) and extends beyond the front of the pj so the lens can be fixed to it and hang in front of the pj lens. When you do that, the center of gravity with respect to the pj mounts original location will change, so you have to find the new center and fix the pj mount at that point on the MDF plate. Hope that makes sense.

3. mattkhan

mattkhan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,338