1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling mount alternative...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MAD ANDY, Dec 22, 2003.

1. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    ...being new to this pj thing and so far having spent a small fortune getting the pj, the cable, the screen etc the missus was not too keen for me to spend more money again to mount it on the ceiling and she didnt like the idea of it being a permanent fixture either! Also as I was interested in removing the floor boards in the bedroom and then mounting the mount between the floors so the pj almost sat on the ceiling, found that we have a pipe run right where I need to put it so that messed that up plus I had never removed floor boards before never mind cutting square holes in chipboard and having to replace it with noggings etc doh! anyway after looking at the screen guide pdf off this site I noticed it mentions that centrally mounted on both axis is the best way to mount

[​IMG]

which makes sense ie no keystoning to do affecting picture quality, and no overspill of light at one end etc like you would have with a ceiling mount

[​IMG]

only a wall mount wasnt an option either...

...so I did this :D Bit crap like but does the job, keeps the missus happy, looks neater when pj not in use and very little cost! :D So anyone on a budget and needing an alternative to a ceiling mount, get down to B&Q for a ball catch, some 10Kg chandelier chain and 2 small hinges then affix to a picture :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The mount drops down and sits perfectly level and is exactly centre based to the screen on both axis, so with no keystoning the picture fits perfectly flush within the black borders with no overspill

2. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    (as can sort of be seen here but please ignore screen quality as my camera is only 1.3megpixel with no low light option (hence taking one of pics with the flash on DOH!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is with the flash on
    [​IMG]

and this to show the screen compared to the my 32" lol how tiny it looks in comparison!

[​IMG]

3. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Neat budget solution. :)

Whats the other one for? Ironing board? :laugh:

4. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    PMSL no just for decoration lol to be honest though i think I would still choose this option over a ceiling mount just for the better picture quality and no keystone effect needed :)