1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling Mount Advice please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Taz69, May 16, 2005.

1. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    Hi all, I have a AE100 at present and I am looking to mount it on the ceiling, there is a Medium Flush to ceiling mount available in MM, it has a 15cm height to it, what I need to know is if I use it for my PJ what sort of height will the picture be displayed at ? will I have any Keystone correction happening ?

Thanks

Taz

2. Malky1903

Malky1903

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Don't know if this is of any help but I have a Benq 5120 and when on a table, it projects 300mm higher than the lens [bottom of image 1100mm from floor].
    I'm getting a ceiling mount myself soon and am hoping the PJ doesn't project too far down when the PJ is mounted close to the ceiling.

3. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    Cheers m8,

the one that I was looking at has gone now anyway, anyone with a AE100 on a ceiling mount care to advise which one I should go for, I may be upgrading to a AE700 so would like to be able to upgrade without the extra cost of a diff mount.

Cheers

Taz

4. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Taz. Any mount should accomodate for vertical movementso that you can position the height of the picture. This will mean that you will need to adjust the vertical keystone correction to correct the picture though.

I had the mount below from Ebay on my Panasonic PT-AE300 which is now on my PT-AE700.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    Hi m8, thanks for the pics and reply, but if I use Keystone correction doesnt that mean I will get a distorted picture or is there no alternative when ceiling mounting.

Cheers
    Taz

6. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Keystone correction will cure the distorted image and compensate for the shallow angle, you'll be fine with a ceiling mount with that projector, unless you are projecting your image down by the skirting board :)

MB

7. SSB

SSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    You will find (to varying degrees) that keystone correction will reduce the image quality, so if you can get away without using it at all, you'd be better off. The "throw distance calculators" on the web tend to show how far above and below the lens the picture will be for a particular model.

Here's one AE100 calculator: http://www.produkte.panasonic.de/calc/html/aspct169/ae100.html

Here's the same for the AE700: http://www.produkte.panasonic.de/calc/html/aspct169/ae700.html

Just put in the dimensions of your screen, or the distance you'll be projecting from and the calculator does the rest for you.

When ceiling mounted, the values M & N will remain the same, but will just be upside-down too.

I bought a Unicol GK2 mount through av-sales (athough you can get them direct). It's fully height adjustable, and allows a wide range of movement. I had a PTAE200 and the adapter plate for the GK range is the same for all the Panasonic home projectors. I'm selling that bit in the classifieds as I've swapped to a Sony PJ now. :) But if you're just after a cheap and cheerful solution, it probably wouldn't be the way to go.