1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling lights with remote control

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by wizardmax, Feb 23, 2005.

1. wizardmax

wizardmax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to achieve the following: I would like to be able to turn the ceiling lights on and off by IR or RF remote control (with out dimming) by installing a wire-in IR or RF receiver in the ceiling light box. I'd rather not go with X-10. Does anyone know where I can find what I am looking for?

2. andybed

andybed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't know of any system which controls without dimming, but Rako (RF)dimmers can I think be set to 'fade' up to full brightness and can be controlled via switch or remote. Not cheap though - £100 (Remote control), £93 per lighting circuit (RF receiver). Also easy to install.

3. johndickinson

johndickinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I replaced my wall switch with a RF from John Lewis. If you hold down the button on the remote it dims, however if you press the button the lights come on fully. The same applies in reverse when turning the lights off.

Hope that helps

John

4. SMooV

SMooV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have never used one myself, but the link below could be an option. If you do get one, then let us know what its like, as I could be persuaded (dependent on er'indoors).

Infra-Red Remote Control Light Switch