Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

ceiling fans?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Joe Pineapples, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,134
    thinking about one of these for my pc room. First port of call was the B&Q website. With such a massive range, has anyone come across any reviews of these things - the main thing is which are the most efficient coolers, and not so much what they look like.

dean

2. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dean.
    Ceiling fans don't cool as such, they just move the air around, which may be ok, but if the room's sealed, the fan will only be partially successful.
    We've got a 6-blade ceiling fan which has gale force, typhoon, and hurricane force, bit like being in a wind tunnel. Got it from Lewis's, where they were at a reasonable height to try out for yourself. Not cheap tho.

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,134
    thanks m8

realise of course that they just move the air about, but thats hopefully going to be better than what it gets like in here at the moment.

thanks for the tip on Lewis's - i didnt realise that anyone had them on demo - probably cos i've never thought about one before.

cheers

Dean