1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling Bracket for Sanyo PLV-30

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by peopleIknow, Jun 5, 2001.

1. peopleIknow

peopleIknow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have been informed that the official ceiling bracket for the Sanyo will cost around £350.

Does anybody know of any cheaper alternatives.

Alternatively, if some one as one could the publish the spec's so that I could see if it would be possible to have something similar made up ?[

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    The popular choice right now is the Unicol Gyrolok bracket.

It is possibly the most versatile design you'll ever find since it can work as a ceiling or wall bracket and can even cope with angled ceilings in loft conversions. Gyrolok sells for about £200.

Alternatively you could go the DIY route. The PLV30 projector has 3 brass threaded inserts moulded into its base. Put up a shelf, drill through some holes in the right place and use some small bolts to secure.

Regards

3. Weiman

Weiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PLV30 projector has 3 brass threaded inserts moulded into its base. Put up a shelf, drill through some holes in the right place and use some small bolts to secure.

I built a wall bracket for the PLV-30 by doing exactly that. Worked out really well. Use M4 bolts.