1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CEDIA : CRT and DLP

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ReTrO, Jun 26, 2003.

1. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Good news for CRT, as far as I'm concerned.

Having looked at all the DLP projectors at CEDIA, I can honestly say that I didn't see one I would buy, due to the rainbow on them. The 3 chip ones were good, but they are far too expensive for me still.

The lone CRT, a Barco Cine7 LT looked very good being fed a 1080i D-Theater tape of Iceage.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Says Retro, as he's seen walking out sneakily with a Cine7 shaped bulge under his jacket. :D

3. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ReTro,

You forgot to mention that Barco was the only CRT projector manufacturer on the show. It's a a dying breed.

Technology and market has moved on. The replacament may not be ideal in all respects but it is sufficient improvement to 'still the show'.

4. paublo

paublo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Technology will always move on, perhaps in the next year or so you could spend 10k on a projector that will match a Sony 12xx etc...

Long live the guys that keep the dinosaurs roaming this earth... I do admit however that they will go at somepoint...

5. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I've no doubt they will be supercede some day, but not within the next couple of years from what I've seen.