cdwow & region 3

ytgti

Established Member
Reaction score
I was woundering what cdwow are like and any info on region 3 dvds as most of them on the websit are r3, also if an r1 disc has rce does the r3 version have it cos it doesnt say like it does on play. Cheers.

A lot of R3 DVD's are non amamorphic so you have to check the spec's to make sure, also sometimes there are not that many extra's. I would not think R3 disks are RCE enabled as I thought it was just for the US and Canada. Someone who has a few R3 disk will no doubt be able to give you a bit more advice.

CD-WOW are a good reliable supplier and there customer service is scond to none, as many regulars here will testify to. They dispacth there disks for Hong Kong and I normaly have mine within two days, which is great.:D I would recomend them to people without a doubt.:)

I have about half a dozen R3 discs..... none seem to be RCE. But as kev mentions, they rarely seem to be anamorphic

ad

I mostly buy cd's from them, but i can sa that they are a good company and recommend them

ad

CD-WOW are my favourite DVD supplier. I can wholeheartedly recommend them. But as has already been said, be careful of R3s - check the specs on a case-by-case basis.

What about prices, is there anyway of converting them from $$ to ££ as i am no mathsmatician.

I logged on to the net the other day and an advert popped up for there website i clicked on it and had a look, the prices was in ££ but i was sure from the last time i looked they didn't take Solo debit cards so there was no point in looking to buy, but this time i noticed they did. I logged later that day looking for somthing to buy but the prices was back in $$, that puts me off a bit.

It always comes up in £ when I use their website (and I've been using it for months and months), but when you check out, you can change it to whatever currency you like and they will bill you in that.

Maybe when you log in, it takes your location and puts up the prices in that currency automatically :confused:

I just logged in and orderded a dvd ( der de, der de, de de der der. jaws ) but was declined because i cant pay USD by Solo, but on the payment method screen it shows all major credit cards and the Switch/Solo signs.:confused:

Is there an English site apposed to the American ( i think ) site.

No, there's just one site: www.cd-wow.com

Maybe you should give them a call and ask them what's up. If it's forcing you to pay in USD but you can't change the currency to GBP then something weird is going on. :confused:

You sure you're not actually talking about www.cdnow.com rather than www.cd-wow.com ??? :confused:

Sorted Squirrel God, there is two websites .com and .net. When i typed cd-wow in my browser i got cd-wow.net. but when you put the link up on your last post ( cd-wow.com ) i clicked on it and the prices was in English. So i'll try my order again, thats why they was charging me in $.

Funny that i woundered what was wrong.

so cd-wow have been holding out on us then!

Nice one! :)

I wonder if you order from one of those sites, if they still ship from Hong Kong or if they will ship from that particular country? e.g. if you order from the US site, will they ship from the US? Hhhmmmmm ....... :confused:

Thing is, you can pick which currency you are billed in anyway so I guess it makes no difference .....

Do they have a polish site!? With a lower cost of living maybe we could get mega cheapies! :D

It certainly looks like cdwow are determined to make the most out of what they do! Respect to them in my opinion.

Ad

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom