1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDWow Free Stickers

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by mcmullanbrush, Jul 30, 2002.

1. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I opened my Lord of the Rings DVD from CDWow today and found some free CDWow stickers:D

I am so happy, my life is complete, I will stick them all over my face and walk around shouting "I love CDWow" at the top of my voice.

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From reading your thread in General Chat "Why Did You Get Married" i would have thought you would have stuck them all over the wifes face. :eek: :D

3. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now theres an idea;)

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I keep getting them in every ****ing CD or DVD I order.

Did you also get a free 50p voucher card? You're supposed to get one 50p voucher for each CD and DVD that you order (comes with the sticker). The offer ends the end of this month and they're valid from August. (I got an email about it a while back.)

I have about 10 of them now.:) I'm not sure whether they can be combined or if it's strictly 50p off per CD/DVD.

Sad thing is, I really do love CD-Wow - they're my favourite..... The stickers are ****ing hideous though :rolleyes:

5. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    keep getting the stickers but no vouchers-did you have to click something? s.g.

6. I J S

I J S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Drifting slightly OT, i think CD-Wow have gotten wise to the 192 code that knocks a quid off. I tried it this evening and it now knocks off just 25p! :confused:

Also re: the 50p off voucher, i have only received them with CD orders and never had one with any of the numerous dvd's i have purchased!

Still, for price, packaging, service and free stickers ;) they are hard to beat.I look forward to using them many times in the future!

7. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I get 50p off 'vouchers' by email every week - it is one per DVD, but you can buy as many as you like. I think you can subscribe on the site - although if you have bought from them they should have your email addres already?

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stranger - I didn't click anything. They just emailed me one day and told me that there was this promotion running and then the vouchers starting appearing in everything I ordered. Maybe it was a lucky draw or something :confused:

IJS - I ordered a DVD earlier and got £1 off. But I just tried it now and it's only 25p, as you say. I guess my timing was perfect :) I never thought that the promotion would run forever, so I'm not too disappointed. Plus I can start using my vouchers on 1 August, which with the 25p off will make it 75p off per DVD. Not too bad at all :)

9. ag005613

ag005613
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was me that posted the original info about the 192 discount. It relates to a section in a scottish tabloid section called 192. I couldn't remember what the timeframe was for the offer but thought it was limited - looks like it was until end of july. Quite why it is now knocking 25p off is mystery - looks like a screwup by their IT staff.

Regarding the 50p vouchers - I get sent them too. I have just used one whilst ordering the new "The Coral" CD. Think you can only use one at a time but didn't check.

Also got those stickers in my LOTR DVD - put them in the bin. But at the end of the day we all love CD Wow. I didn't tell you about the time that they refunded the total cost for my CD purchase cis it took too long to deliver... and the CD arrived the next day.

10. ag005613

ag005613
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was me that posted the original info about the 192 discount. It relates to a section in a scottish tabloid section called 192. I couldn't remember what the timeframe was for the offer but thought it was limited - looks like it was until end of july. Quite why it is now knocking 25p off is mystery - looks like a screwup by their IT staff.

Regarding the 50p vouchers - I get sent them too. I have just used one whilst ordering the new "The Coral" CD. Think you can only use one at a time but didn't check.

Also got those stickers in my LOTR DVD - put them in the bin. But at the end of the day we all love CD Wow. I didn't tell you about the time that they refunded the total cost for my CD purchase cis it took too long to deliver... and the CD arrived the next day.