cdwow discount terms!?!?!?!

C

cryingclown

hey just had three order canceled by cdwow because of some new terms and conditions. because i used a voucher and a link i cant have my order. anybody else?

Lawe

Originally posted by cryingclown
hey just had three order canceled by cdwow because of some new terms and conditions. because i used a voucher and a link i cant have my order. anybody else?
Nope, not had that. I've used the link and 2 vouchers and all dvd's ordered have come except cat in the hat which is awaiting stock.
What have you ordered? Has the money come out of your credit/debit card? have you tried contacting cd wow?

C

cryingclown

my card details seem to be ok and the order goes through like normal but then i looked and seen my order cancelled so i emailed cdwow and they told me about new terms and conditions on their site. now they say i can only order from them if i dont use vouchers

mykl1971

Novice Member
Well, here's what's on the site:

"Promotional, Discounts and Voucher redemption
One Voucher or Promotional Discount per person per campaign is allowed, irrespective of the number of E Mail addresses, Card Holder addresses or Deliver Addresses the individual may posses.

CD WOW! maintain the right to refuse, and refund if relevant,(even following acceptance of an order) any transaction where, in its sole opinion, the customer / transacting party are fraudulently achieving multiple discounts."

An end to £3.50 discounts ?

Geezer

Novice Member
Originally posted by videonasty
An end to using CD WOW:oops:
:nono:
So now that you possibly cant get multiple discounts you will stop using one of the best E-tailers around?

Your loss

I

IsoArska

If you use vouchers, you should always order as a new customer instead of using "remember my details"...:nono:

H

hununu

Originally posted by videonasty
Yes, they are one of the best, but not one of the cheapest:thumbsdow
It looks like one of the cheapest to me when you take shipping into account...

mhouston

Standard Member
That's real shame if so...especially after it was apparantly OK'd to use multiple vouchers last year by someone in high places :(

Simon6776

They've probably changed their policy because people were taking the p*** out of them by cheating on the discounts! Thanks to a few, it looks like everybody could lose out. :(

M

mikeq

Why are you going to lose out, are they not still doing single discount schemes. It is only multiple discounts that are not allowed in their T&Cs

V

valhalla

I've ordered Red Dwarf Series 4 today using my last £1.50 Trust Card Voucher and the £1.50 link.

All payments accepted so far...

Business as usual it seems.

P

pointsofview

Originally posted by hununu
It looks like one of the cheapest to me when you take shipping into account...
My last three orders have been Monkey Ep 1-13 (£7.99), The Beatles - A Hard Days Night 2 disc (£6.49) and Coldplay - Sydney Concert with CD (£6.49)... I couldn't have got these any cheaper at any other store.

On the other hand though, CD-WOW have a lot of items on their site that can be found cheaper (sometimes a lot cheaper).:thumbsdow

I only use £1.50 vouchers per item.:smashin:

V

valhalla

My order has been dispatched. It's just as I thought, those T & Cs have been on their site for months.

No worries - no change to any policy from WOW.

H

hununu

Originally posted by pointsofview
My last three orders have been Monkey Ep 1-13 (£7.99), The Beatles - A Hard Days Night 2 disc (£6.49) and Coldplay - Sydney Concert with CD (£6.49)... I couldn't have got these any cheaper at any other store.

On the other hand though, CD-WOW have a lot of items on their site that can be found cheaper (sometimes a lot cheaper).:thumbsdow

I only use £1.50 vouchers per item.:smashin:
Can you give us some examples?

P

pointsofview

Originally posted by hununu
Can you give us some examples?
I would be here all night.;)

I cross-reference stores at the touch of a button, whether it be for games or DVDs or anything else. Invariably, CD-WOW are not at the top.

Generally, they are competitive.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

Lithe Audio AirPlay 2 ceiling speakers world's first
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Humax launches AURA 4K Freeview Play Recorder
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio adds new standmounts to F1 speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mark Levinson expands 5000 Series with amplifiers and players
  • By Andy Bassett