Cdwow.com Now Stocking Blu-Ray

CJPowers81

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just received an email from cdwow saying that they now stock Blu-Ray discs but there doesn't seem much choice at the moment.

Price wise they seem average for some titles but others are a rip off

Dark Knight - £20.99 :eek:
Jumper - £21.99 :eek:
10,000 BC - £20.99 :eek:

Blu-ray | Movies | CD WOW! UK

This really irritates me the robbing B*****ds!! The trouble is how can a format catch on if they charge prices like this, HMV and Zavvi are as bad, instore prices are stupid, the prices will put people off moving to next gen formats, Some blus in HMV cost £28 how can they justify that when I can pick the same thing up for £8 on Amazon? IT MAKES ME ANGRY!!!:mad:

what can you do, best stick to where they are cheap. Eventually prices will come down, take dvds for example, i bought a few when they first came out in hmv, fifth element if I can remember correctly, that was £24.99:eek:. Never again, I just started to get region 1 instead. However I have noticed that movietyme have increased the price of blockbuster titles by £1

I think sometimes it would be nice to go into a high street store and buy something to watch for the same night rather than waiting for an online order to come, HMV's online prices are quite competitive, why can't they have the same prices in store?

Movietyme seem to have gone up in price quite a bit recently I think £15 is the maximum that you should pay for a single blu ray movie

I think sometimes it would be nice to go into a high street store and buy something to watch for the same night rather than waiting for an online order to come, HMV's online prices are quite competitive, why can't they have the same prices in store?

Totally agree, sometimes it is nice to have a browse in a store and pick something up there and then to watch that evening. With the prices in places like HMV and zavvi being what they are this just isn't worth it. Although HMV are doing a fairly reasonable selection of BD's at 2 for £30 in store at the moment. But even then you can get this for £5 cheaper if you buy online.

I guess with bluray we are still in the "early adopter" phase despite what anyone says or how long it has been available for. The prices don't come down until it hits the critical mass like what happened with DVD after a while.

Very true, I suppose we are spoilt by cheaper prices online nowadays, I had a look at HMV's 2 for £30 collection and thought that it wasn't too bad, until I went on there online store and I think they have 3 for £30 with all the same titles that were in the store. Good job I didn't buy on a whim!

what can you do, best stick to where they are cheap. Eventually prices will come down, take dvds for example, i bought a few when they first came out in hmv, fifth element if I can remember correctly, that was £24.99:eek:. Never again, I just started to get region 1 instead. However I have noticed that movietyme have increased the price of blockbuster titles by £1

I don't understand why Movietyme have put new releases up by £1, but discount older titles so heavily.

I'm not paying £18.99 for a new release, not when you can pay £15.99-£17.99 elsewere.

Movietyme have gotten wise to the region free US releases, take Indiana Jones for example that's an expensive disc mainly because the Region B release hasn't yet arrived, I find that most of my purchases are from the Amazon market place I always search by Price: low to high and can generally find a bargain, for instance I managed to get shooter the other day for £5, Cheap as Chips!!

I don't understand why Movietyme have put new releases up by £1, but discount older titles so heavily.

I'm not paying £18.99 for a new release, not when you can pay £15.99-£17.99 elsewere.

You need to see the exchange rate and how much it has fallen over the past month.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom