1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cds onto mp3 players

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by blackpoolowl, Jun 15, 2005.

1. blackpoolowl

blackpoolowl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya guys
    my question is how easy is it to put cds onto your mp3 player. i have thousands of mp3s on disc which should be no problem but i also have LOADS of cds which i will want to put on. i have no player yet but the ease on putting music on has to be a factor!!!!!

my son has an old creative player (size of a cd player) had it since xmas still haven't worked out how to put cd on it.
    thx
    terry

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,753
    With most MP3 players you need a PC to convert and store all your CDs in MP3 (or one of the other) format. Depending on what MP3 player you have, then that means you use a different program for converting the CDs into MP3s (this is usually referred to as ripping). Mp3 players usually come with an installation CD with that program on, for example iPods use iTunes and Sony players use Sonic Stage. Once you have the program up and running it's a case of patiently feeding the PC with your CDs one by one. It took me a few weeks to load 500 or so CDs into iTunes.

3. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    With SonicStage for example it takes about 5 mins per CD.

4. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's probably worth mentioning that, if you're connected to the Internet while doing it (the process is known as ripping), the artists, albums and tracks are automatically and (usually) correctly named, as the programs link to Internet CD databases. If you're not connected to the Internet while ripping, the albums tracks will all be listed generically - something like Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/Track 1, Track2, Track3... and you may have to end up doing all this manually.