1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD93t and FMJ CD33

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Hawklord, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Could someone explain the difference in performance between these two cd players. Styling appears to be very similar and I'm aware the dacs and other circuitry are different but what are the major differences in real listening terms. What are the pro's and cons of both players?
    I currently have the CD72t and I'm looking to upgrade to a better all round player. My music tastes tend towards alternative and indie music over pop and classical (Hawkwind, Echo and the bunnymen, Fields of the Nephilim, The cure.... you get the idea). The easiest option would be to upgrade to the CD93 but should I over look the FMJ CD33 ?

any ideas?
    :rotfl:

2. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hawklord,
    I can't answer your query directly but if you're looking to upgrade then don't miss out the old FMJ CD23, it is a fantastic player and you can get an ex dem for for silly money. As it's an FMJ it will have 2 years warranty to there must be a far amount left. I saw a CD23 go for £600 in one of the dealers a little while ago.

Sorry if its not much help or it adds to the cionfusion.

Regards
    John

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265