• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

CD73T or Camb. Audio. Azur 640C V2?

ReferenceLover

Standard Member
I think I need CD player that will go with my AVR350. I do not have lot of money to spend. I can get used CD73T, but in pristine condition for $600CDN (~290pounds) or new Cambridge Audio Azur 640C v2 for the same price. Which one should I get?

Thanks.

lpm

Established Member
I haven't heard the V2 but found the original quite a nice player but in summary a little dull compared with the 73. That was a while back though and memory is a funny thing :) I went with a DV78 with my 300 as it sounds very close to a 73 and I've been very happy with it for stereo, the 73 is a great player (then this is an Arcam forum isn't it:thumbsup: ). The great thing here is that if funds become available to you, you could upgrade it to the 192 specs and that would be an excellent match.

Secondhand is a great way to go provided you are prepared to take a measured risk and the price is commensurate with that risk. If you know the item history, have some form of warranty, have ready access to repair facilities or the price makes it a no brainer, then I would give the secondhand option a good look. If at all possible though, listen to both. Ultimately, that is the only way to make the best decision.

mcguiganp

Established Member
Hi,

I'm in the fortunate position of owning both, well I have a CD72T instead of the CD73. I must admit that the CD72T is a step above the CA. It offers more detail and a touch more bass although the CA is still and excellent player for the price. If I were you however I would plump for the CD73, it is an excellent player for the money :smashin:

definatly go for the 73t its an awesome player and I used to own one before my cd192 and was a great cd player for the money and has won many awards!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom