1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD73 Standby

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by johndon, Dec 30, 2004.

1. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Probably a daft question but I've just got a CD73 and, unlike my other Arcam gear, there seems to be no way of putting into standy, it's either on or off. Is this right or am I missing something obvious.

John

2. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi John,

Yep, that's the way with all the ARCAM CD players, in my experience. The power button on the front of the machine is the only method.

Cheers

Andy

3. JH1

JH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, can confirm that this is the only switch and that there is no standy as such, however..... I know that the arcam amps have a 12volt electronic trigger for using multiple amps so you can link them to all turn on and off at the same time. Does anyone know if there is it possible to link the 12volt trigger to the cd player aswell!

Ps I know I would probably be able to answer that if I looked at the back of my CD73....its just getting to the back of it thats the fun bit!

4. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You could use a Niles AC-3 voltage-controlled outlet strip. This has 2 switched outlets that are activated/deactivated by a 12 volt trigger. I use one to trigger my Alpha 9P amp (which does not have trigger control) from the AVR300.

In your case you would connect the AVR300 trigger to the Niles, plug the CD73 into the Niles switched outlet with the CD73 pwr switch on. Turning on the AVR300 would then power up the CD73 when the switched outlet is triggered on.

It works great for me. What I don't know is whether they make it for the UK, but if not I'm sure someone else makes a similar device.

Dean

5. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    The CD73 does have a standby mode for custom install this can be accessed, using a Pronto type remote control. The codes are system code 20 command code 123 for "on" and system code 20 command code 124 for "off". There is also a toggle on off, available system code 20 command code 12.

I think our system remote (the CR80) will send out the toggle command when in CD mode. But I am not certain off this and don't have a CD73 player here at home to try it with.

Regards,
    Andrew

6. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Thanks for that Andy, works a treat :thumbsup:

John

7. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Is it possible to use the trigger on an AVR300 to start up a DV79?

8. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I've currently got the trigger from my AVR300 starting up up a P90 - just tried it with the DV79 and it didn't work.

John

9. jposner

jposner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, am a new Arcam AV300 owner, how EXACTLY do I put in system codes into my CR80 remote to control, for instance CD72T standby (doesn't work by default)... i see the code above for CD73 is "system code 20 command code 12". The codes are listed in the user manuals but not the way to program them into a CR80

Thanks
    Jeremy

10. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You need a remote that supports direct input of discrete codes, like a Pronto. The published discrete commands are meant for remotes like these and home automation control systems, not for the supplied CR80 which is just a simple learning remote.

However, if you look at the CR80 manual, it should tell you how to configure it to use it's built-in codes for your CD73 using a device code you get from a list in the back pages of the CR80 manual.

Dean