1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD72T to CD192 Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by ChrisM, Apr 1, 2005.

1. ChrisM

ChrisM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone have any experience of upgrading from CD72 spec to CD192? Is it really worth the £500? Can you really hear the difference? I run my CD72T through an A80/P90 combination into Monitor Audio GR10s. A fine system but is that upgrade worth the expense?

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Through the rest of your system I would think the upgrade would be well worth it, the weak link in your system is definitely the source. Any dealer worth his salt would be able to set up a demo or give you a loan of a CD192 for you to try out and decide if it's worth it.

3. Palu

Palu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was also intending to upgrade my CD 72T. That costs a lot. Instead I purchased a secondhand CD 92T for only € 600 (with de DCs DAC inside). The difference is there but the CD72T sounds also fabulous. The CD 192 might even be better than the CD92T but that is not a very big difference.
    The CD 92T sounds more open and detailled, esp. while i'using full range ELS.

The CD 72T is now stored in the cupboard so i can use it if the CD92T "expires". I can change the CD72T again in a CD 92T by ugrading the board of the "expired" CD 92T.