1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD6000ki or RCD02

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by pwiles1968, Feb 24, 2004.

1. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I am currently looking at one or other of these, I need to make a decision very soon the prices I can get them for are similar I have listened to the Rotel before and like the sound, but have never listened to the Marantz and will not be able to get a demo, is anyone familiar with both products? And willing to make a comparison. I probably prefer a warm sound to something too upfront and Sound Stage/Detail are an important factor.

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,147
    The Marantz has enormous detail and a pretty good soundstage but it is a very cool sounding player. The Rotel has an equally good soundstage (some will say better) but doesn't drag everything out of the recording the way the KI does. I'd go for the KI and then tune it through your cabling- the 5300 remote will control it as well as a small bonus.

3. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Cheers Tons, I had pretty much made up my mind on the ki, it will match my existing kit (until I decide to change again) it will always be a bit of a Classic and I think it will suit my musical taste, I was just the age that bothered me a little, In audio terms it is getting a little long in the tooth.

What cabling would you suggest I am on a budget at the moment and was looking at 1/2 Meter of Qunex 2. I also need a scart so I can move my Video and make room for the CD player on its own shelf, so that will be £50.

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,147
    Precious Metals Coppertech Alpha for £25 or thereabouts- a gem of a cable. I use(d*) it on my minidisc player to keep the detail but lose the edge. Most QED interconnects are a little bright to this set of ears.

* I did until £500 of Sony's conked out on me :mad: