CD5400 vs CD6000 quick advice please

munkay

Established Member
Reaction score
What is better out of these 2 cd Players:

Marantz cd5400 OSE or Marantz Cd6000 OSE LE?

6000 LE original RRP £300 much better build
More detailed sound. When this was released the magazines said it was a bad idea, as it was so good that it wasn't worth paying the extra for the £500 KI version anymore!
If they are going at the same money the CD6000 is the better buy. PS Ive seen the 6000 for £200 is it less than that?

I can get one brand new for 150 so think it is worth going for over the CD5400 OSE and even paying the extra 100 for the new CD7300

IMHO the cd6000le is as good as if not better than the 7300.
They are equivelant models 7300 being the replacement for the 6000

Well - just ordered one. Gold CD6000 OSE LE Brand new + delivered for £150

Will be paired with a PM7200 and B&W 602's with Atlas Equator Interconnect. Hopefully it won't be excessively bright which is my main concern with this setup!

Will let you know how it goes :)

I wouldn't have thought so as I don't consider the 7200 to be an excessively bright amp. The 6000 is a good bit of kit (I had a KI until my boss relented and sold me his Audio Note), the build quality in particular is exceptional for a £300 player. £150 is a steal.
Of course your Marantz logos won't be exactly the same ;)

I have an SR4200 reciever too which I guess was fromt he same time the 6000 was released?

Will look near enough :)

I wasnt especially going for one make setup either - it just kinda happened as the ones that seemed best value and sound to me have always been same make :) All in gold too, just need to get an atacama equinox rack now for them

cd 63 mk 11 will beat any cd player around 1500 pounds

LOL! Its a great player (one very proud and happy owner), but its not THAT good.

Its better than the 6000LE which I previously owned though. I'd expect the 6000LE to be better than the 5400.

Got My CD6000 OSE LE today :D

Very pleased with it so far, loads more detail and power compared to using my dvd player for source. Has played 5 different types of cdr recorded in both dao and tao no problems :)

One thing I am curious about though is the sepereate volume control on the CD player? What level is it best to set this at? I was assuming a lowish - mid level then use amp for volume?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Set the CD volume to max (ie no restriction on output) and then let your amp do the controlling. Think of it like those nasty resistor volume controls on in the ear headphones.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom