CD23T Remote Control Codes

sapper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Unlike the current manuals, the manual for the Cd23 does not have the RC5 codes for the remote control (Pronto).

Does anyone have them listed or even the pronto file??

Yours; hopefully

Adrian

Just had a thought, I guess the Arcam RC 5 standards will be pretty conserved, so I guess the RC-5 codes from a modern CD player manual will work!

Just had a thought, I guess the Arcam RC 5 standards will be pretty conserved, so I guess the RC-5 codes from a modern CD player manual will work!

Ba, humbug

This does not seem to be the case. Recent products all have identical codes in their respective manuals, but these codes no not seem to operate the CD 23T.

The older manuals have no codes within them...

So can anyone help?

Adrian

how old is it?
post 2001 used Sony transports, maybe they use Sony codes??

I am not sure how old my player is but what transports did they use before Sony?

Adrian

not sure, this is where i got it from
CD23 CD Player
i can't find any codes for that unit, even on the dealer extranet site.
the alpha cd players that predated your player also us RC5.
can you not learn the codes?

My CD23 (non T) works with RC5 codes from newer models. I'm pretty sure Arcam use the same ones across the board.

he's tried the RC5 codes and they don't work...
if you click on the arcam link above it mentions Sony with regard to the 'text' or possibly the 't' model, i think i'd try some Sony codes.
if you have the original remote though, surely learn those codes into the Pronto.
if you want to post one of the codes that work, i'll analyse it to tell you the protocol.

Thanks for your support...

I have managed to load most of the commands I need via the learning option, but for reasons unknown, after 5-6 commands, the pronto will not accept any more, until I rebot the PC and reset the pronto.

So typing in the codes is easier.

I do not understand why the commands from the newer manuals are not working, especially as the older CD player will work with all the three arcam remotes I have, so it is strange.

I still need to get the discrete power on and off commands to work, I might have another go later today.

Adrian

Tha Alpha CD players did not have a standby or on/off control from the remote. I think the FMJ CD23 was designed in the same way.

Hope this helps.

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom