1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd23t/a22/b&w nt1 - cables?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by monochromic, Oct 25, 2004.

1. monochromic

monochromic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

well i'll finally be moving into the wonderful realm of arcam next weekend with the addition of an arcam cd23t and a22 amp which i'll be picking up for a nice price at a arcam dealer here in sydney. (the cd23 is ex-demo, a22 brand new in box). i was hoping someone out there may be able to suggest a brand/type of cabling which would suit this standard of system.

i'll be using a pair of b&w cdm-1nt speakers with the cd23/a22, the dealer has suggest nordost blue heaven interconnects (AU$399) and speaker cabling (AU$899 for 2 x 2m).

does anyone have any thoughts on the blue heaven series? maybe suggest a different brand, chord perhaps?

any thoughts/suggestions most apprecaited.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    The Nordost Cable recommendation is a good one but you may find it soudns little bright with the B&Ws. An alternative would be the Van Den Hul range of cables which are much more laid back sounding, the Integration Hybrid interconnect and CS-122 speaker cable would be a good start.

3. monochromic

monochromic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the recommendation crusty, spent a good few hours at the showroom this morning and came away with the cd23t, a22 and the nordost blue heaven interconnects and speaker cables. they just impressed me so much more than anything else we audtioned.

now, back to the music :)

4. gregeas

gregeas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm using Blue Heaven speaker cables with my A32, CD33, and Definitive Power Monitor speakers. No complaints here...

5. Palu

Palu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best cable for these units are QED Silver Anniversary. I use them also and its great, it cost you € 8 per meter. I dont know the Aus dollar price.

6. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    The QED Silver Anniversary is ok if you have the A65+ and a CD73 but really doesn't do justice to the FMJ product line.