1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd20r to cd20tr t2l

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by real batman, May 20, 2005.

1. real batman

real batman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is this upgrade worth the extra £250 it will cost me ? it will link into my dpa 32r and mono,s but will it really improve the sound ? thoughts please :thumbsup:

2. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Batman

Can't comment on the value but the sync link does make a difference :thumbsup: If it was me I would :D

3. eisenach

eisenach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I went from an Audiolab 8000CD (the predecessor of the cd20r) to cd20tr t2l, into TAG PA20R, so without T2L link, and the difference was stunning: so much more detail and solidity. I've since changed the pre-amp for an av32r, so I can now use the T2L link - and I'm very pleased!
    I reckon it would be well worth the £250.

4. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Having owned both non-t2l and t2l equiped kit along the way i would say the differences/improvements were subtle rather than "slay's this - destroys that" etc. I base this on the differences observed when switching between t2l on and t2l off rather than between two different products.
    My opinion is that it is more likely that any "huge" differences will be down to different design (if any) between the cdt20 and the cd20r t2l rather than the singular inclusion of t2l.

5. real batman

real batman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks all , shall have alittle think before i decide. i,m actually really happy with my set up at the mo, but a transport has come up and you all know how temptation feels :suicide: ....