1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cd-wow

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by fred the ted, Mar 4, 2005.

1. fred the ted

fred the ted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody else having problems recently with CD-WOW?
    I have noticed that with every order, whether pre-release or allegably in stock, I receive an e-mailat the time you are expecting delivery of the item saying there has been a delay. This applies to regions 1/2/3.
    Other web sites advise if the item is in stock or not and/ do not debit your account until item is sent, unlike CD-Wow who debit as soon as order has been made.
    They may be a pound or so cheaper but I would rather pay extra and get the dvd at release date.

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Have to say no I've not had this problem. Ordered Leon and Layer Cake on Monday, Leon Shipped Tuesday and Layer Cake shipped today. OK Layer Cake is UK Region 2, but Leon is Region 1.

I have had this problem in the past, however, but it's only been a couple of times and I've not worried too much as at least they keep you in the loop. I've got stuff on order with DVD Soon such as Get Shorty which I preordered and that's not even at the packaging state. The only title that is being packed has been sat there for 6 days.

I think you've just been a little unlucky - although I do and always will agree about the instant billing being annoying.

3. stevefish69

stevefish69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +439
    Layer Cake arrived on my doorstep this morning. Well done CD-Wow. The only problem we get using the Net for DVD's is that the bleeding postmen nick them.

We had one delivered the other day blatently OPENED :eek: , and put through the letter box. Play had sent it registered, so i wonder who signed for it then because it certainly wasn't us.

4. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Obviously yr postman thought it was cack lol :devil:

5. stevefish69

stevefish69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +439
    Exactly my point.

Someone must have liked Matrix Boxset, Evil dead Trilogy, Black hawk down Superbit, Bon Jovi :thumbsdow , Silent Hill 4 (twice), Sonic Hero's and a few more all in the last 6 months.

The companies are very understanding and always send a replacement ASAP but is anyone else having games/DVD's lost in post.

We've contacted the Post office but they don't seem to want to know.