CD-WOW vouchers?

Ex Member
Reaction score
Anyone aware of any money-off vouchers at the moment?

Please post them here - I want the Coldplay DVD but it's a bit steep at the mo even with a voucher!

My wife just got her copy this morning from CD-WOW ( it was only released 2 days ago). We used a couple of the voucher tricks and got it for £9.49. You get a DVD of the Sydney concert and an Audio CD of the same gig.

I didn't realise how good Coldplay were. I have just watched the DVD and they were awesome live. Money well spent.

Originally posted by Padge
It's advertised as being £14.99, how did you get £4.50 off?

Are we talking about this

Coldplay DVD

Yes that's the one. They must have put the price up because when I pre ordered it on 01/11 it was listed at £11.99 and I used the combined £1.00 and £1.50 voucher trick to get it down to £9.49.

Which version is it though there are two being sold :--

1. Is the standard etd which is in Glourious;) 4:3 fullscreen.
and
2. Is the Special Edition which is in Wide Screen with a 5.1 soundtrack to it.
I did notice Play had both versions on their site a couple of days ago and there was quite a difference in price.

The one we bought is widescreen, DD 5.1 and DTS. Mind you, I prefer to listen to music DVD's in stereo so the surround options are wasted on me.

So anyway -

Any more CD-WOW money-off links? Don't need vouchers, have a tonne (HELP!).

Originally posted by paulus
The one we bought is widescreen, DD 5.1 and DTS. Mind you, I prefer to listen to music DVD's in stereo so the surround options are wasted on me.

Apols for following up on my own post but I've had a look at www.coldplay.com and there are 4 versions of the DVD availible. There's a standard version in both PAL and NTSC and theres an Ltd Edition also in PAL and NTSC.

They all have DD 5.1 and DTS. The ltd edition has got a "CD-Rom section including photo gallery, links to Coldplay.com, and exclusive extras only available on the limited edition DVD".

My £9.49 CD-WOW copy is the ltd edition version and as this costs £29.99 from the Coldplay site, I'm feeling rather smug at the moment
:D

Theres something funny about cdwow !!!

I just had the Coldplay DVD for £11.99 before any money off.
I didn't click through and buy it, but it was in my basket for 11.99.
Now I look and it's £14.99, and I can't get it back at £11.99.

Could it be that you had a cached copy of that CD-WOW page on your PC from when it was originally £11.99 ?

If anyone is interested, C4 are showing that same Coldplay concert on friday night at 00.15 (ok, saturday morning really).

Originally posted by Trax
If you want to take the chance. This link
Give it a try and if you're lucky you do get 1.99 or 8.99 off.
I used this earlier... i'm not getting anything off the price... so does that mean, i've not got anything... or do you have to buy something in order to see how much you have discounted?

woohoo! just got an £8.99 voucher from that link :smashin: now what DVD to spend it on, there's so many i'd like

SkullyRox - yep, you need to add something to your shoping cart, then proceed to checkout and redeem the e-voucher code, the total will change by th amount of the voucher

regards
Gary

So, redeem it, then i'll see how much I have... or buy something, then redeem and then buy... Once voucher redeemed... I have to buy that item?
£8.99? Smashing! Well done like. :)

don't need to redeem it, just don't proceed with purchase (i remove the item from trolly) so it can still be used :)

Just got a £1.99 one aswell :)

Luck or what, tried three of these so far and all were 50p vouchers:(
Never mind though I've got another nine sat in my in-box waiting for me to try:D

The redeem voucher bit doesn't wanna load for me. :(
So... probably still totally loosing it...
add item to cart, redeem voucher... see how much I have, then remove item if I don't wanna proceed... and I guess the voucher will then be useless.

SkullyRox - nope as long as you remove item from trolly - voucher is OK an useable. It only becomes invalid once you bought something using that voucher.

So,

add item to cart, proceed to checkout, redeem e-voucher, cart total updated to reflect voucher value (bottom of checkout page should show voucher value -£x.xx)

remove item from cart - job done

Gary

Cheers got 50p off T3 - £11.49 ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom