1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD WOW Voucher Tip

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by chris110, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using the vouchers for some time and have a few £1 vouchers left, unfortunately I dont have any £1.50 vouchers left.

Anyway if you want to keep hold of the vouchers for longer, and there is more than one thing you want, it is possible to use the same voucher twice, as well as use it with the links provided to get £2.50(+) off! just make your order, and before you provide your payment details, make your other order in a different window with the same voucher, it will be accepted fine because the other one hasnt gone through the system yet.

Happy Buying! :devil:

2. Markmw

Markmw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm.
    Theory seems sound (although I haven't tried it) but I have this uncomfortable feeling about doing that. Why I should feel different about this and the amex/£1.50 voucher trick I don't know.
    I wonder if it's the kind of thing that the company might act on, and invest resource/time into stopping folk doing this. This costs the company money which ultimately is passed onto the consumers.
    That said, if I still had my £8.99 vouchers, would I try this? Probably not, but I would be tempted.

3. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried it with a £1 voucher and using it with the £1.50 links and have had both confirmed emails stating that the money has been taken off. I dont think it actually means that CD wow lose out, I would think all they do is claim it back off the sponsor, I would highly doubt that the sponsor wishes to recieve all of the used voucher codes.

Of course I could be wrong.

EDIT: Ok it sounded like a good idea at first, but I just got an email from worldpay refunding my money for one of them, now I'll have to go purchase it using my last voucher! grr

4. Markmw

Markmw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed it's the sponsors who would probably be footing this, but the numbers won't add up somewhere along the line, so someone might end up unhappy.

It's ok with money off links since by it's very nature they are meant to be used more than once. Vouchers are a different story - presumably a sponsor will have had to authorise a certain amount of expenditure.

The problem of vouchers being accepted more than once would surely be outside the sponsor contract, and hence CD-wow are liable for any short fall? Only speculating mind.

If you don't get your orders bounced then it might be worth a punt. Still have an uncomfortable feeling about it tho.

5. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both did indeed bounce, but hey was worth a try :D

6. gouryella

gouryella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    When you say bounce you mean you had 2 worldpay refund emails? Ive had my orders cancelled today first receiving the refund emails then an email about why they have been cancelled basically because of using the link+voucher. I dont think they are allowing this anymore and are cracking down on it.:(

7. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yup had both bounced, so tried ordering again with just one voucher and link and that bounced also *sigh* Got an email from CD Wow too...

Looks like they are cracking down on voucher + link :(

8. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Well they weren't cracking down on it up to last night......... just had order confirmation for a dvd ordered using £1.50 off link, and a splash 50p eVoucher............

I'd say that there's a chance that your orders came to their attention because you tried the same voucher twice - Worldpay prob refer the voucher to CDWow, which is why they got bounced...... Maybe by bringing it to their attention, they have cracked down...... if so, much unhappiness to follow.........

I don't have a problem with using a £1.50 off link and an evoucher togerther - CD WOW them selves confirmed to Admin last year that this was not an issue with them, but using the same evoucher twice is pushing it over the line, imo.

Sean G.

9. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I must have missed something, whats the £1.50 link please

10. Will K

Will K
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LINK REMOVED

11. hamburger3

hamburger3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link.

12. goldeneye_dk

goldeneye_dk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Used exactly the same trick some weeks ago with the only £1,50 i had left. Used the same voucher 5 times without problems.

I guess they now are a bit more assertive to the orders they receive.

13. JAZ_MAG

JAZ_MAG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could some kind soul please pm me the £1.50 off link:rolleyes:

Ta:clap:

14. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's thanks to this thread that the publication of links ended.

Blatant advertising of further fraudulent methods forced CD-WOW to end the promotion.

As a voucher + link fanatic, I was sorely disappointed.

15. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    actually it had nothing to do with this thread, the links and vouchers stopped BEFORE this thread.

16. DrOct

DrOct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No they stopped after this thread, aswell as that Sticky, Good thing i know the link.

17. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you DrOct.

They stopped immediately after this thread received the flaming it got.

18. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, and Dr - I wouldn't advertise that you know the link. My PM box was flooded after my last post on this thread.

19. Ben Franklin

Ben Franklin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So let me get this straight, I can't use the £1.50 off link with a voucher? I got a £3 off voucher from Firebox.com to use on CD-Wow you see, and was going to use it with the £1.50 off link.

20. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh and yeah, me doing what i did got all the vouchers removed right? thats total crap, its mor ethen likely the amount of people using combinations and SUCCESSFULLY getting the £3 off. Obviously they already knew about what i was doing cause it got stopped before they even stopped giving away vouchers.

Ill say it again, the removal of vouchers is NOT a direct response to this thread, but believe what you want to believe.

21. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I will.

Thanks.

22. DrOct

DrOct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who Cares, And this Vocuher/Link has been on for ages, about 7/8 months maybe more.

23. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    I care, as it is a good saving on each disc to get up to £3 off.

CD-Wow were quite happy for it to happen initially, as it cost them nothing and got lots of business (Spectre confirmed this some time ago), but I can understand that when people look for ways of ripping them off by fraudulently using a voucher for multiple orders that they might get miffed.

As always, the thoughtless actions of the few (plus bragging about it) spoils a good situation for the many.

:thumbsdow

24. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you CooperUK!

Exactly what I wanted to say, but was too afraid to ,being new and all!

I was using the combo's for a very long time too, and sensed when this "tip" was first published we could be in trouble.

Notice these forums are the only one's where voucher/link publication is banned? I am a member of two other's where people are still publishing them!

I hope CD-WOW change their minds and allow most of us to buy ridiculous amounts of stuff from them, and the forums make sure rules are in place to stop mindless threads like this one.

25. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and if its so mindless why are you here? If you even had half a brain you would have realised that getting even £3 off a dvd your way is obviously going to have an effect on CD-Wow as a business. They can only do it for so long and now that they have your custom and many others as a result of this they have stopped them.

You must be very naive to believe that CD Wow would stop publicising their vouchers just because of one thread which you are implying.

I admit I was wrong to even start this thread but I admit when Im wrong. I am 99% certain that they havent stopped the vouchers as a direct result of this thread or the actions.

26. DrOct

DrOct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How many times has this been posted i don't know but here it is again.

CD-WOW do not lose Money here, the sponsers do, amex, trustcard etc. as it's their link we're using.

And wasnt on about not caring about not getting money off or anything, i was saying 'Who cares' about wether this thread got rid of the link or not.

If you really want the link it's on at least 3 sites as already stated. And sorry will not post those here, but it's not hard to find them if you can be bothered to look.

27. DrOct

DrOct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes and also i don't agree with using the same voucher over and over again by opening new windows, this will effect cd-wow and that is not on..

28. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    The link and vouchers are not paid for by cd-wow, but by the sponsors of the link.

If a voucher is used more than its allocated once then I imagine that the sponsoring firm would not be willing to pay out it's £1.50, leaving cd-wow out of pocket instead and the sponsoring firm feeling a little peeved.

Odd that you admit to being wrong about starting the thread, reinforce this idea with saying that you admit when you are wrong, then within the same sentence deny what you did was wrong as you are "99% certain that they havent stopped the vouchers as a direct result of this thread or the actions."

:confused:

I think that the mods should close this thread as it seems to be going nowhere and benefitting no-one.

29. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,078
    Exactly what I was about to do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.