CD-WOW Rentals

I

ilovedts

I know this has probably been covered before, but I've just signed up to CD-WOW's free 14 day trial & I wondered how people have found it so far? I also want to know how they have got on if they decided to cancel?

Also signed up and received my top 3 choices (Last Samurai, Once Upon a Time in The Midlands and Kill Bill 1) within 3 days.

Had an annoying glitch on LS, but what can you do ?

I'll let you know how things progress.

I've just received my first batch today & I'm impressed, very quick & professional. Do I post the DVDs in a letter box, or take them to the Post Office? :confused:

Just a letter box..... though dependant upon your local collections a PO may speed things up a day or so.

My only real concern with this service is what happens if the DVD gets lost in the post? Its only got a 1st class mark on it & its clearly obvious its a DVD. We all know what the Posties are like :mad:

ilovedts said:
My only real concern with this service is what happens if the DVD gets lost in the post? Its only got a 1st class mark on it & its clearly obvious its a DVD. We all know what the Posties are like :mad:

Our postie's great. We've ordered literally hundreds of dvd's and games over the net, and not one has ever gone missing. Plus, a package with my brother's name on, (but the wrong address), was given back to the postman. He recognised the surname and got it to us!

Though I understand your concern. Perhaps cd-wow will give the benefit of the doubt in such situations.

ilovedts said:
That's a silly statement. Not all postmen are thieves. :confused:

I used cdwow, the service was great though they didn't get me the choices top of my list so I cancelled.
Then I went to dvd365 service was just as good, bit better at sending high up choices (but never got my first) but one of the dvd's they sent was covered in scratches and marks and had a crack through it so it wouldn't play properly.
Then found a code (FL21) to get three weeks from screenselect, their delivery estimates imply its a two day wait but all dvd's have come in one day so far, they've done a sterling job in sending me my top choices 5 out of 6 so far.
May stay with screenselect but theres so many free trials around its tempting to just work my way through them.

Posted a disc back Saturday dinner and got Kill Bill 2 (currently their most in demand disc) on my doormat this morning. :thumbsup:

Rob20 said:
Our postie's great. We've ordered literally hundreds of dvd's and games over the net, and not one has ever gone missing.
As a matter of interest where do you live?

My postal service is pretty bad (North London), at least 3rd of letters have failed to arrive in the last six months. This includes cheques, CDs, invoices, statements, train tickets, all of which have caused me major problems.

Strangely enough, the only thing that gets through OK is single DVDs from CD-WOW, so I don’t think theft is the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom