1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd-wow, out of stock

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by avolee, Jun 4, 2004.

1. avolee

avolee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +700
    is it only me or is something wrong at cd-wow, out of the last 6 dvd`s ordered off them, 4 have been delayed due to being out of stock.
    anyone else had any problems?

2. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have been having similar problems over the last few months, getting constant notices of delays. I've given up on them for now. They used to be so consistent, but something is clearly wrong. Maybe it's just an increase in their popularity, or maybe something else, like going out of business! Time will tell....

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I have ordered alot of this last few weeks and almost all were in stock, one was out and no more coming in so ordered from play at £2 more...
    Not a major issue!

4. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Had to wait 3 weeks for my Criterion Onibaba because it was out of stock. Received a couple of emails each giving a new despatch date which was not met...but finally received it yesterday.

Not too bothered by the wait, as it was by far the best price I could find for this DVD, and most of the time they are the quickest supplier I know of.

5. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh dear it better not be going down the spash route. They have been getting picky about vouchers too, a sign of losing more money?

6. ascomdog

ascomdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same problem, too. I'm sure that in the past they wouldn't advertise anything on the site that wasn't in stock. Last couple I've ordered have been advertised on the site, but when it came to ordering them I got the dreaded 'out of stock' e-mail!

7. D3NNO

D3NNO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep i too have had this problem.I pre-ordered "The return of the king" region 1 widescreen .Had an email from CDwow on the day of release saying that it was out of stock but i would get in within the week. had to wait 6days before i got it.

8. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I order about 5 - 10 DVDs a week from CD-WOW at the moment.

Roughly 1-2 of those is delayed.

9. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Would you like to tell us your reason for buying this? :devil: :rolleyes: :D

10. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,398
    Same problem here - got really fed up with it. Although for the first time in ages they've actually got something in stock and its on its way very quickly!! Still for the cheap prices you can't really complain that much!?

11. Big Al

Big Al
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Both Kill Bill & Onibaba were delayed, but Bubba Ho-Tep turned up 2 days after I ordered it. Its probally just down to luck, good or bad if it is / isnt in stock

Big Al

12. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I love Kylie!

I have her Manchester DVD too!

:laugh:

13. BurninVermin

BurninVermin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Haven't ordered much from CD WOW recently, but decided to get Open Range R1 from them as their price was cheap and I also had a voucher to use up. Within 20 minutes of getting the confirmation email I got another advising it was out of stock! have now been waiting 10 days and still no notification that it's been sent. Really p:censored:s me off that they dont show this on the site but that they still take the money immediately. IMOA it only goes to prove that you get what you pay for at the end of the day. (cheap price - poor service).

14. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Rant alert!

I feel I must disagree with the above comment "(cheap price-poor service)". CD Wow have a long established reputation for excellent customer service, way above expectations for an online retailer, as many people here will quantify. Who else, for example, sends pre-paid envelopes for returns?

I agree, it seems, of late, that there is a problem with stock levels of certain items. Maybe they have had to decrease their intake of stock, in order to keep the prices low, and to physically have room for everything, and to still offer a wide selection? Don't forget, they usually offer at least two alternative regions of any particular current title. Rather then whingeing on here about having to wait a few days for your orders, has anyone actually bothered to contact CD Wow, to ask why items are out of stock?

End of rant. [​IMG]

15. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bravo!

:D

16. BurninVermin

BurninVermin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Simon6776, I was just stating my personal opinion, I have order somewhere in the region on 50 to 75 DVDs from CD WOW in the past and in general have been very happy with the service that they provide. It seems though (again in my opinion) that over the last 2 or 3 months, since they have been offering even lower prices and more special deals the service level has dropped. It was a rare occurrence to get an out of stock Email, were as now it is happening more and more often. My major complaint was the fact that they debit your card or bank account immediately upon receiving the order and that they do not state on the site whether the discs are in stock or not, so you have to place the order and take a chance. Maybe I should have said - cheaper prices, poorer service!

17. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I wasn't having a pop at you in particular, George, no offence meant. :) It's just that, unless I am mistaken, for which I would apologise, no one so far in this thread has reported actually asking CD Wow why they suddenly seem low on stock levels. It's typically English, where we all sit round a table in a restaurant muttering about the poor quality of the food, but when the waiter comes round, nobody says anything! :D :D I think it would benefit all of us to hear if anyone has complained to CD Wow about order delays, and what their response was.

18. BurninVermin

BurninVermin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I didn't take it personally Simon :)

I meant to have said that I have already sent an Email to CD WOW, but as yet have not rec'd a reply. As, when or if I do I will post the response.

19. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Just been told by CDWOW that my copy of Mystic River R2 will not ship until June 17th :eek:

Same thing happened with my order for the R1 WYatt Earp. It was sent about a week after the release date. However, they did send LOTR:ROTK 4 days before the release date. On the whole they are 50/50 for getting new releases out on time (from my experience :) ).

On the customer service side of things they are great. They have responded to any emails from me within a couple of hours.

20. BurninVermin

BurninVermin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Just rec'd an Email from CD WOW, now being told that Open Range will not be shipped until the 14/06 :( . Well over two weeks since I ordered (and paid) for it!!!!!

21. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I too received an email from CDWOW stating that my copy of Mystic River R2 will now be dispatched on the 14th June.

My last 3 or 4 titles have all been delayed for being out of stock. Would I be correct in saying that things have been running behind schedule since the Kill Bill cut/uncut confusion.

It's a shame that no one from CDWOW frequents this forum from time to time as Craig from MT does. :thumbsup:

22. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have only used CD WOW occasionaly, but has anyone actually asked the company themselves the reason for all the delays?

23. avolee

avolee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +700
    the only real gripe that annoys me is when i pre order something weeks in advance to get it on time and they then wait till dispatch day to tell me its out of stock, surely if they know how many are on order they should be able to get enough to cover the orders they have.

24. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed that as well.

25. jay75

jay75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only been using CD wow for seven months and have always been completely satisfied by how long I've had to wait for my order(s). Although I have noticed over the last month that my DVDs are coming even quicker than before!

In fact on another DVD Forum I noticed the same thing that other people have been receiving their DVDs quicker than normal not slower .

As for cheap prices=Poor Service I couldn't disagree more. On the rare occasion that I have received a damaged/dodgy disk CD wow have always responded quickly by sending a pre-paid envelope to return it, while dispatching quickly a replacement.

Over the last two or three weeks I have ordered around 30+ DVDs only one of those has been "out of stock". Even then the e-mail I received informing me of this said expected dispatch was one week later, however I received my DVD several days before that and overall I only had to wait one week. Prior to this one-off out of stock e-mail I have never received an out of stock e-mail before, and I've probably bought around 60-70 DVDs in the seven months I have used them .

Therefore I cannot fault CD wow because they have given me exceptional service at exceptional prices. Easily the best retailer on the Web!

A FiveStar company in my opinion.

26. squirrely

squirrely

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    sounds like you work for them mate,but you're right they are good.

27. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't work for them, but I would fully endorse Jay75's comments.

They ARE the best on t'internet, no doubt.

***100th post! ****ting hell - where has my life gone?***

:clap: :beer: :clap:

28. jay75

jay75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

No mate I don't work for them, I've just been extremely impressed by their service. :D