1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-Wow celebration thread

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mobily, Apr 6, 2004.

1. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello all,

They have to be the best online retailer ever. Cheap CD's and DVD's, free delivery, easy website to navigate and quick delivery. Never have they got a delivery wrong and I have ordered oodles of stuff from them. There are plently of links to get £1.00 or £1.50 off, for example this morning I got Guns 'n' Roses greatest hits for £7.99 and if I had looked on here sooner could have got another 50p off!

Also no matter how much stuff you order they package it individually (I think) so that chances of being hit by customs are drastically reduced.

I've just ordered Terminator special edition for £7.99 and I bet it will be here in about 4 days. If only other online retailers could follow the excellent customer service that CD-Wow provide then more people would migrate to shopping on the internet. I have bought from many other online shops but have only ever returned to CD-Wow again and again!

Congratulations CD-Wow keep up the good work!

James :)

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    It could be argued that they are just trying to price all other retailers out of the market and kill 1,000s of jobs as a result.

Mike.

3. tuff guy

tuff guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Taking that a stage further, you could say that about Richer Sounds, Aldi or Costco!

Giving the customer a great deal should be priority to any business (enter CD-WOW) and it is to be encouraged. They deserve my business, as I find the choice and value second to none and delivery is rapid, as mentioned by mobily.

Check out the other thread, which contains a money-saving link into WOW. In the last week, I have bought Ressy dogs and Bulletproof Monk (DTS) for £4.49 and Donie Darko for £3.49, all arriving about 2-3 days after ordering.

4. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If CD- Wow can sell their products at that price and ship them from where they do for free, there is no excuse for the other companies to be charging so much, and if they are, well they deserve to go out of business :smoke:

5. daveyboy

daveyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I certainly don't think about people losing jobs when i am searching around for the cheapest price on a certain product......and i'm sure you wouldn't be thinking of paying a higher price because you feel guilty about the after effects.
    At the end of the day...we are a bargain seeking forum and will always search for the cheapest price on any products.
    If a company is willing to reduce the workforce as other competitors have cheaper prices then that company will not be active for much longer!!

6. Mr Pumpkinhead

Mr Pumpkinhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    That’s a good point, from now on I will only shop with overpriced, overstaffed, retailers who offer poor customer services. I refuse to become part of some company’s sinister market domination strategy. ;)

Seriously though, it’s not JUST the prices and offers that keep me using them, I’ve found the customer service excellent, the one faulty product I received was changed promptly without any problems.

7. ag005613

ag005613
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree in general - I love CD-Wow but their CD selection is very mainstream. Either that or my taste is very weird :) I do use them a lot but would like it better if they covered a wider spectrum of music.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is the bonus with CD wow.....fantastic, competitive prices, good service & great after sales service....other companies should take note!!

9. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    That would push prices up, CD-wow back catalogue is very small. But for what they carry they are awsome no other online retailer has even got close to their level of service IMHO especially little touches like replacement cases for ones damaged in transit, pre paid returns envelopes, regular vouchers and great email updates of orders.

If only the royal mail were as good!

10. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And the bargain or special offer in this thread is what exactly ? :rolleyes:

11. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    cant fault cd-wow so far, i seem to be buying a film a day atm :D

12. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CD Wow are good I'll grant them that. But after placing 1 order through DVDsoon, I don't use any other R1 supplier any more...

13. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    :clap: Nice quote Army bloke

I agree,

Spoony.

14. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, what can I say? I LOVE CD-Wow. They are the best online retailer (potentially of any goods available on t'internet, never mind just DVDs) I have ever come across.

The amount of money they take off me every week is growing, and they deserve it!

Long live CD-Wow!

15. jda

jda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered last Wednesday arrived Friday morning!!!!!!

I can't get 2nd class UK post that quick from 10 miles away!!

Me thinks not all come from HK.............

16. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    CD WOW are the best DVD site on the net, period. Kill Bill R3 DTS UNCUT @ £6.99. Just try & beat that!