cd-wow bargains !!!

Not to forget when one could get the notoriuos AU$20.95 vouchers in bucket loads. ;)

Those were the good old days. :smashin:

Has anyone else noticed that if you pay using your credit card you get charged interest from the day it is taken as the transaction goes through as cash? Tend to use a debit card now...

Has anyone else noticed that if you pay using your credit card you get charged interest from the day it is taken as the transaction goes through as cash? Tend to use a debit card now...

cdwow has always charged customers on the day they order rather than on despatch (like most other online retailers).

cdwow has always charged customers on the day they order rather than on despatch (like most other online retailers).

i think you misread the post, m8

i think the OP's point is that the transaction is being flagged as a cash type transaction (as happens with bets) as opposed to goods purchase (i can't confirm it myself). (interest normally only starts being earnt after the statement date rather than purchase date)

i can confirm that cdwow do charge card at order time, but on my mastercard i never pay interest as i pay it off always, i have never been charged a cash fee/interest fee from day 1 with them, every transaction with them is just like with every other online shop i use.

The cash charges only happen if you use their PayNova option at the checkout and only with some credit card issuers. They have other options though; if you go through WorldPay you won't get charged cash fees and it seems to be more reliable anyway. They also offer Google Checkout now too!

I used Cd WOW a week or so ago and used PayPal which was new - they didn't have that before.

Sorry maybe I didn't explain properly. I also always pay off my card in full every month, but I had been charged interest from the time they took the money until I payed off the bill, as cd-wow had taken money as cash. Had been put off buying anything from them. Thanks for the advice I didn't know they were now offering paypal and google checkout will use one of these next time.

Last month I placed my order there and they didn't charge me immediately upon checkou but few days later when it was shipped.

I used to use cd-wow all the time but havent used them for ages now, are they getting any better?

Not really, no. I think they cleared the backlog from their change of ownership, but it's back to hit-and-miss again lately.

I used to use cd-wow all the time but havent used them for ages now, are they getting any better?

i used them for years as well - stopped using them at end of last year due to long delays and constant cancellations

thought i'd give them another try - utterly shambolic and worse than ever - last 3 orders cancelled as their suppliers cant get the goods. strangely though, all 3 items are available at higher price.

i dont see the point in this company and will never use them again - hopefully they will go bust and vanish completely. they dont deserve to be in business when they cant even provide products.

This has never happened to me, and i have always used a credit card for CD-WOW purchases.
It would be totally against the rules to treat a normal online credit card purchase like a cash advance, the way online betting is charged.

This is copied from their terms & conditions on credit card payments -

Credit Card Payment
Charges to your credit card will be shown as 'Stomp Pty Ltd, Stomp HK Ltd, Stomp HK, Paynova or WP-CD WOW and DVD'.

Billing is immediately initiated when an order is placed, they authorise and debit your card simultaneously. CD WOW! does not store any payment details.

This means the money is charged to your card at time of purchase, the way it has always been(even for pre-orders), but no way should it be treated like a cash advance, unless the wording of that is designed to confuse. :eek:

If this has personally happened to you, then something is very wrong. :(

As someone who hasn't used cdwow since the good old day, please can someone point me in the diection of the biggest discount links for dvds at present?

I see Red Dwarf - Just The Shows - Series 5 To 8 is at £9.99.

Nick

i used them for years as well - stopped using them at end of last year due to long delays and constant cancellations

i dont see the point in this company and will never use them again - hopefully they will go bust and vanish completely. they dont deserve to be in business when they cant even provide products.
I couldn´t agree more. Hope they go BUST!!!

I used them recently for two orders. One CD and one DVD and each was shipped within a day. These are the first orders I've made with with them since the start of the year. I'd still only use them for a real bargain. Don't trust them enough and have found other etailers with bargains as good (Tower etc.).

I haven't used them since the take over, but i get a lot of spam ranging from £1 voucher codes to loads of junk from other companies that they say are partners that i don't want. i would chance them again though.

I haven't used them since the take over, but i get a lot of spam ranging from £1 voucher codes to loads of junk from other companies that they say are partners that i don't want. i would chance them again though.

They did one better on me :thumbsup: I got a REAL mail (snail mail) telling me I won the dutch lottery, and it was adressed to a very misspelled address (which I used to evade a ban). The only place I used that adress EVER was when ordering from cd wow :thumbsup:

So if they tell you, they value privacy, it's time to give it a good :rotfl: and tell them to :hiya:

I stopped using them when things got really silly and to my knowledge it's still more or less one :oops: followed by a :lease: and then some :spam:

Deep Purple - Live At The California Jam 1974: www.cdwow.com/Deep-Purple-Live-In-California-74-DTS/product/view/23098
(the 'Burn' era Mark III lineup - Blackmore, Lord, Paice, Coverdale, Hughes)

= £4.99 (or £3.99 if you know how ;))

Prices: www.find-dvd.co.uk/3446779.htm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_in_California_74:

Released: November 21, 2005
Recorded: April 6, 1974
Length: 117:00 (DVD)
85:58, 1974 concert
13:23, Alt camera angles
10:18, Super 8mm film
7:20, Archive preview

Label: EMI

Live in California 74 is a live DVD from Deep Purple released in 2005. It was recorded and aired live by ABC-TV on 6th April 1974 at the Ontario Speedway near Los Angeles CA. This concert was first issued on video and laser disc in 1981 under the title California Jam. This is the first official release on DVD of the complete concert. "Lay Down, Stay Down" was not included on the original video release.

The first four songs are from the newly released album Burn. Other songs are from the Made in Japan setlist. "Smoke on the Water", "Space Truckin' " and also "Lazy" and "The Mule" which are played as intro and outro during "You Fool No One".

Tracklist
1. "Intro" - 1:27
2. "Burn" (Ritchie Blackmore, Jon Lord, Ian Paice, David Coverdale) - 7:30
3. "Might Just Take Your Life" (Blackmore, Lord, Paice, Coverdale) - 5:54
4. "Lay Down, Stay Down" (Blackmore, Lord, Paice, Coverdale) - 5:11
5. "Mistreated" (Blackmore, Coverdale) - 12:12
6. "Smoke on the Water" (Blackmore, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Lord, Paice) - 8:54
7. "You Fool No One" (Blackmore, Lord, Paice, Coverdale) - 19:07
8. "Space Truckin' " (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice) - 25:39
Bonus Tracks
1. "Burn" - 8:21
2. "Might Just Take Your Life" - 5:02
Archive Preview
Live in Concert 72/73
1. "Highway Star" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice) - 7:27

Has anyone had orders dispatched recently?

I ordered a couple of Music DVD's in their recent sale, but they are all still "Pending Dispatch". I'm afraid they are going down the cancellation route (again)...

Has anyone had orders dispatched recently?

I ordered a couple of Music DVD's in their recent sale, but they are all still "Pending Dispatch". I'm afraid they are going down the cancellation route (again)...
My Deep Purple DVD now shows as dispatched :smashin:
Why is anyone still using these clowns? :confused:
Good point as they're still lousy ... but now and again (very rarely) over the last 3 months I have taken a punt on items that won't be at a better price ... and they have all shipped, some within 24 hours

Deep Purple - Live At The California Jam 1974: www.cdwow.com/Deep-Purple-Live-In-California-74-DTS/product/view/23098
(the 'Burn' era Mark III lineup - Blackmore, Lord, Paice, Coverdale, Hughes)

= £4.99 (or £3.99 if you know how ;))

Prices: www.find-dvd.co.uk/3446779.htm
My Deep Purple DVD now shows as dispatched
Came through my letterbox this morning ... 4 day turn around time incl. the weekend, not bad
- the DVD is in fact the Australian edition, R2/R4 (EDIT ... correction - its actually "All" regions, and PAL), DTS, and has a small booklet/leaflet with notes by usual suspect Simon Robinson of the DPAS

I expect others also received a £1 voucher by email today

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom