CD-WOW bargains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well if you use a certain $2 link on www.dvdbargain.net there are a good number of dvd's that drop to below £9 on cd-wow.us at the moment - new forum rules mean i can't post the direct link as it's probably an affiliate, but i expect you can find it if you have a look.

The links below will show you the price before discount if you click on them, you'll need to do a search on the site after using the discount link to get the prices i've listed.

I've also just noticed that on my computer, after i click on the link, if i change www10 to www2 and hit enter, when the page reloads the prices have been discounted.. not sure if this is just a cookies thing on my pc or if it will work for anyone.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith (2 DVD Set) :r3: $14.95
Land Of The Dead (2005): Director's Cut :r3: $14.95
Extras: Series 1 (2 Disc Set) :r2: $14.95
Sahara: 2 Disc Edition (5.1/ DTS) :r3: $13.95
Kingdom Of Heaven: 2 Disc Edition (5.1/ DTS) :r3: $14.95
Gladiator: Extended Special Edition (3 Discs) :r2: $14.95
The Company Of Wolves: Special Edition :r2: $14.95
The League Of Gentlemen's Apocalypse :r2: $14.95
House Of Wax (2005) :r2: $14.95 (now $17.95)
Amityville Horror (2005) Deluxe Edition DTS :r3: $15.95

And newly added thanks to the posters on this thread:

Madagascar :r2: $14.95
Family Guy The Movie :r2: $14.95
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (2005 - 2 Discs) :r3: $17.95
Stealth Special 2 Disc Edition (5.1/DTS) :r3: $14.95
Little Britain Series 1 :r2: $14.95
Little Britain Series 2 :r2: $14.95
Mallrats 10th Anniversary Edition :r1: $14.95
The Big Lebowski Special 2 Disc Edition :r1: $15.95
War Of The Worlds (2005) 2 Disc Edition :r3: $14.95
Fantastic Four 2 Disc Edition DTS :r3: $14.95

I just bought Land Of The Dead (cos according to the review on here the DTS aint worth paying the extra money for), Extras, Kingdom Of Heaven and Gladiator for about £34

And have also now pre-ordered War Of The Worlds!

Ta, bagged a Gladiator ESE for that price!! :)

Rule of thumb
if its £11.99 at the .com site,
then it will be $22.95 at the .us site,
which through the link drops to $14.95 (£8.45 approx).

e.g. my Extras: Series 1 (2 Disc Set) order from Sunday already processed on my Nationwide credit card:
23 October 2005 WP-CD WOW & DVD 14.95US DOLLAR at 1.76923076 KWUN TONG £8.45

Also, just noticed and ordered Madagascar Region 2 as well for $14.95 (if u know how :) )

Plus, found another ;)

Family Guy Presents: Stewie Griffin - The Untold Story - DVD Region 2 - same price :)

Thanks for this :), i was wanting Gladiator as i have never seen it yet, at just under £9 i am very happy :).

Its strange that a $2 discount takes almost $8 off ???

Anyway cheers :), i shall be looking at the US site with this discount now :D

imnotrich said:
Also, just noticed and ordered Madagascar Region 2 as well for $14.95 (if u know how :) )
And I certainly do know how!

Just bagged Land of The Dead and Star Wars 3: ROTS for £8.95 rats each!

Job Done
;)

Great post

Just pre ordered War of the World for $14.95.

Bargin

Cheers

cheers guys, now just got to read the dvd reviews to work out which is the best version of underworld to get, as well as the star wars dvd for a bargain price :thumbsup:

Great, just ordered Madagascar for the littlun. Thanks!

KAZER said:
Great post

Just pre ordered War of the World for $14.95.

Bargin

Cheers

you did? hmm the only one i can find is the R2 which is coming up as $23.95..

Quick questions i hope someone may be able to answer before i put my order in....

1) War of the Worlds (2 disk ed) and Land of the dead (Directors Cut) are both region 3, the only other region i have ever ordered are regions 1 and 2, does anyone have any views on the region 3 versions of these 2 disks?

2) Land of the dead (director cut) has the same running time as Land Of The Dead (Unrated - Dir Cut), what's going on there? Can i presume they are the same version or not (albeit diff regions) due to the same running time? Not really bothered if i were losing out on the bonus features that the Unrated - Dir Cut offers.

3) Will i be stung with customs etc if i order both at the same time or should i order them individually?

Looking to order these today so would really appreciate your views.

Cheers

Martin

Marc said:
you did? hmm the only one i can find is the R2 which is coming up as $23.95..

Its the R3 version mate, at £14.95 2 discer!

BuFF DaDDy said:
Its the R3 version mate, at £14.95 2 discer!
could you chuck the product code at me please mate? i cant get the R3 one to come up in the search!!

Marc said:
could you chuck the product code at me please mate? i cant get the R3 one to come up in the search!!

22157 is the code, Cheers for the heads up Marc just ordered WOTW, F4, ROTH, LOTD, Gladiator, Charlie and the Choclate Factory and Stealth for a little over £60.

Marc said:

Hi Marc

I found it through looking at the list of pre releases.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

KAZER :D

Great Find BTW :thumbsup:

is anyone else having trouble when you try to select cardholder address, after I log-in i have to add the c/holder address manually?

Marc said:

Click on pre-releases, its on the second page. :smashin:

oops bit slow :rolleyes:

Cause its dollars does it class as overseas so your card will charge you for it??

If thats the case not such a bargin at all :(

themoid said:
cheers guys, now just got to read the dvd reviews to work out which is the best version of underworld to get

IMO The Dutch (BENELUX) region 2 Supremacy edition of Underworld includes the theatrical version on one disc plus extras and the Extended Edition on the other disc plus extras. Although whether you can get it on CD wow is another matter. Alternatively if you can spare more cash the Japanese version has a 6.1 soundtrack

Jez said:
Cause its dollars does it class as overseas so your card will charge you for it??

If thats the case not such a bargin at all :(
that's agood point Jez, does anybody know the answer

west said:
that's agood point Jez, does anybody know the answer

you might get charged, depending on the card, though the standard rate is only 2.75% so you're looking at 27.5p per £10 which doesn't really make these any less of a bargain. You can choose to be charge in £ instead if you want, but cd-wow's exchange rate is pretty crap at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom