1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Wow. Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Buck Swope, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was sent 2 copies of Shaun of the Dead when i'm maybe 90% sure I ordered 1 copy. Now this happened to me about a month or so ago (I actually tried to return the CD but got no e-mail replies), difference is this time they charged me for both copies. I was sent 2 "dispatch information" e-mails but only 1 "order conformation" e-mail. This, along with the fact I don't remember doing it, made me sure I ordered 1.

I'm woried now. Am I going to be charged for 2 items every so often? Maybe even sent (and charged for) random dvds? Ever happened to anyone else or just a random glitch?

2. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I know is that CD Wow have the best customer service I've ever come across, whether online or in a shop. Probably a glitch, it's never happened to me, email them direct not through the website, I'm sure they'll reply quickly.

Cheers
    Rich

3. Tafsir

Tafsir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    just phone them up,

4. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's all sorted now. Gave them a ring at the weekend, just gotta send 'em off now. Don't see why I should have to pay for them though, there're the ones who made the mistake (I think..... no i'm sure), plus i'm sending them back the extra CD they sent by mistake! It's not that big a deal I know but I just don't want this to become a regular thing. Don't get me wrong, overall i've been happy with CD Wow's service. But I have had more problems with them than with my other regular online stores. But like everyone says there customer service is second to none. I'd just rather there be no problems to start with (I do understand how busy they must be compared to some other sites though).

5. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    when they sent me two discs in error they sent me a pre paid jiffy bag to send the returns

6. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Not being funny, but are you sure you're not refreshing your browser, or pressing the 'back' button, and making two orders by mistake?

7. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I supposedly made the orders 5 days apart. Like I said there is a very slight chance that I did order 2 by mistake. But i've checked again and I was only sent the following emails for the second order
    "thank you, you've paid"
    "order conformation"
    and "order delay"

Now I remember making the first order. I'm thinking maybe because the order was delayed that CD Wow somehow re-ordered the DVD for me by mistake without canceling the first. I only realised that 2 DVDs were on the way when I was sent 2 "dispatch information" emails.

8. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    They've just cancelled my R3 order for "Glory" as they say they've run out of stock!!! Who's had em all?

9. ATarn

ATarn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2 Copies of a CD from CDWOW?
    Yep, happened to me too!
    2 copies of the Flaming lips album turned up on the door step - I was only charged for one.
    Xmas pressies all around!
    Tarny