cd upgrade

glenbo

Standard Member
first time on this,i am after advise on cd players i have a cyrus cd 6 & fancy a change, i have been considering a linn genki or a karik but been told both these are getting a bit long in the tooth.hoping to get somthing off ebay for approx £500 & add a dac next year,any advise on this would be welcome :lease: glen

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
I don't know anyting about the Linn cdp's can't offer up any advise on them -sorry, but if you are intent on buying a dac, why spend so much on a cdp when all it will be used as transport? A much cheaper cdp can do the same job unless you have other uses for the dac. Even then, the same applies.

Or just add a ext dac.

Just a thought.

glenbo

Standard Member
thanks for that,i am just trying to get my cd to sound as good as my turntable (27 years old & still beating my cd player) i like the convenience of the cd but the sound of the vinyl !!!

peritus

Banned
Hmmm... Rega Apollo or Rega Saturn then IMO

You're never going to get them sounding the same; especially with Cyrus but you can get fairly close with the Rega players :smashin:

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
Well, you won't get the crackle and pop on cd's. Kind of a unique sound that only get with vinyls :D

I still think just adding a dac like a m2tech young dac or AudioLab M-Dac would do the job. As said, won't sound the same but might be as good as.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom